Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Palstar WM150 Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar WM150
Palstar WM150 Reviews: 19 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $100
Description: Power SWR meter
More info: http://www.palstar.com

You can write your own review of the Palstar WM150.

N0TQQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2014 20:46 Send this review to a friend
Very accurate  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The WM150 is a great addition to any shack. Very accurate,lighted, cross needle meter. The meter provides the addition of the pep feature,and I use them with my Dentron Super, and Super Super tuners,perfect combination!

N6HPO Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2010 20:56 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I searched high and low for a WM-150 about two years ago, after learning that it had been discontinued. Found the last one apparently; HRO had one left at their store in Oregon.

Made myself a cable and a small stand [from a small piece of black nylon] for it, which sits on top of my 775DSP. The meter [was the only one that] came with the 12 Volt power cord. Shipped for $115.

As a beginner to the hobby, it's reassuring to know that along with my rig, the WM-150 may also be the last I ever purchase.

Well done, Palstar...

WA2EQF Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2008 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Well Built Shack Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this meter for more than 2 years, in testing, I have found it to be extremely accurate. A friend of mine also owns one and it reads differently than the meter on his popular brand tuner. We compared the two to a bird and found the WM150 to be dead on. The backlite meter is not only accurate but easy to read. It has made field work on antennas easy and has always been a valuable resource on Field Day. Its rugged construction is of the level that I have come to expect from Palstar. A fine average and peak wattmeter I would recommend to anyone.

N3ITN Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2006 22:21 Send this review to a friend
An exception to the rule...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
With the rule being most products don’t perform (or even come close) as advertised_ here is an exception. Its’ big brother, the PM2000A (which I have exactly the same comments about) aside, the WM150 is unequalled by any other product in its price rage, or class of functionality. Anyone disappointed with this product must have received one that was fondled by the big ‘brown’ gorilla for two long.

KD1E Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2005 18:20 Send this review to a friend
A keeper.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought it to measure PEP SSB off my barefoot rig. I really wish the meter was a 15w / 150w rig but instead it is 200 / 2000. Oh well. It does do a very good job with readings above about 40 watts.

I had problems with the power connector. A phone call to Palstar resulted in a replacement jack that I installed. Now the meter works just fine.

N4DEK Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2005 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Finally a fast responding peak meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only had my WM150 for a few days now but so far I'm impressed with the operation of it. The WM150 offers what I look for in a meter and that is fast response time. The meter movement is very responsive to input changes and reads voice peaks without hesitation. It has two power ranges,300/3000 watts and although mine shows to be very accurate thru the entire 300 watt scale it seems to be off on the lower portion of the 3000 watt scale at power levels below 500 watts. For instance my 756PROIII will show 100 watts on the 300 watt scale and 150 watts on the 3000 watt scale. 250 watts on the 300 watt scale will show 350 watts on the 3000 watt scale. But once you get to the 500 watt level on the 3000 watt scale it seems to be very accurate from there to the top of the scale. This is a very minor issue since anything below 500 watts will be checked on the 300 watt scale anyway and anything over 300 will be on the 3000 watt scale. Other than this one minor issue I have no complaints about the meter at all. Outer construction is first rate with a good solid feel and the inside looks to be very high quality as well. As a bonus Palstar even throws in the 12 volt wall wart to power the active peak reading circut and the meter backlight. It would be nicer for us older guys if the backlight were just a tad brighter but it still does a good job of lighting the meter. Overall I'm well pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone that's looking for a well made true peak reading watt meter.

KC0MQR Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2005 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Great meter  Time owned: months
I have owned this meter for over 2 yrs and it just keeps on going. It is accurate, consistant, and trouble free. I would recommend it to anyone. If I had to find something bad to say it would be the size of the dial but no problem yet(can still see pretty good)

W3ACO Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2004 14:55 Send this review to a friend
excellent unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the power meter. It was intermittent on peak power but worked fine on average power. I bought it so I could measure my SSB linear amp. Sent it back. I received a new unit in 4 days !!. New unit works just fine. Service is exceptional. Paul does a great job meeting customer satisfaction. I would buy from him again.

KB9IGG Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2004 03:34 Send this review to a friend
excellent meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
i run a n9jmx predator 3 inch antenna,I HAVE A screwdriver ANTENNA.i always show my mobile at hamfest PEOPLE aLWAYS WANT TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF METER TO RUN. I HAVE THE WM150M REMOTE IT WORKS GREAT,WHEN I AM TUNING THE PREDATOR.CROSS NEEDLE LIGHTED SWR AND POWER.I GET A PERFECT MATCH WHEN TUNING MY PREDATOR.IF YOU RUN THE BEST SCREWDRIVER U NEEED A EXCELLENT METER.73'S JEFF KB9IGG

KC5RMR Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2004 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Recomend this meter for true RMS Peak readings  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very well built meter. This meter is a true RMS Peak meter, it uses a IC-chip to control the meter display. I tested this meter in line with a Bird 43 Peak reading meter on a dummy load with 100 watts out on CW and the readings were the same. I then tested it with 100 watts SSB out through the dummy load and the readings where the same. This is the best Active True RMS Peak meter I have seen in years. For the Money value I recommend this meter to any HAM that needs a true Peak reading meter that can not afford the Bird 43 and Coaxial Dynamaics of the world. Its better than the Yaesu YS-60 because it has a cross needle output versus a single needle output. The Yaesu YS-60 is also a True RMS Peak meter with a IC-chip controlled display.