Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Hi-Mound 706 paddles Help

Reviews Summary for Hi-Mound 706 paddles
Hi-Mound 706 paddles Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $125
Description: dual paddle

You can write your own review of the Hi-Mound 706 paddles.

KA3POY Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2002 14:59 Send this review to a friend
great for price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own vibroplex iambic, the standard Bencher paddles, schurr profi, and just recently found this Hi-Mound 706 paddle on Ebay, there were very few bids and I was able to get it for much less than retail.

Summary: ymmv, for me it sends better than a vibroplex iambic or a Bencher. It is not a semi custom work of art like the profi 2, but it costs less than half as much. It has several characteristics that make it interesting to send with, which some people will love and others may not.

It's best characteristic is that the paddles are set very close together. This feels very natural and I could see how for long operating periods it could be less fatiguing. I wish the Shurr paddles were set more like this.

It's other characteristic is that the paddle arms appear to be made out of some synthetic nylon, not metal. Consequently they have a little flex built into them.

It depends upon how you send, but when I first started using this paddle I over-controlled it a lot. When I got used to sending with a more delicate, controlled touch, the Hi-Mounds were very fun to use. My experience was to set the gap narrow, make the spring very light, and send with a very light touch.

If I couldn't afford the Profi 2 I would easily use the Hi Mound paddles as my main station paddle before the other two I own. Marshall Emm carries them at Milestone Technologies and they are not wildly expensive.

KA3POY