Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | K8CCA Digi-Face PSK31/RTTY/SSTV interface Help

Reviews Summary for K8CCA Digi-Face PSK31/RTTY/SSTV interface
K8CCA Digi-Face PSK31/RTTY/SSTV interface Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15
Description: Simple Computer to Radio interface kit. Very quick and easy to use.

The old website is down now. If you would like one of these kits, please see my ongoing ad on Ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZk8cca

Please see http://www.qsl.net/k8cca/ if you need more info.

My current email address is shown at http://www.qrz.com/p/email.pl?callsign=K8CCA;from=callsign

You can write your own review of the K8CCA Digi-Face PSK31/RTTY/SSTV interface.

AB9LX Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2006 10:27 Send this review to a friend
SIMPLE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this kit, got it in the mail FAST. I have never put together a kit of anything before. I was scared to put it together and trash my TS-480! I sent Eric a MESS of emails. He was all about 100% satisfaction. He could have just told me exactly where and how to place each component, instead he directed my questions to links on the web so I can LEARN what I am doing! I finally got it together and it works great! Eric was very helpful.

K8APS Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2004 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Simple, and best of all... it WORKS!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
These kits are well thought out and come with everything you need less the adapter for your rig (and if you’re like me you’ll probably have this part on hand). I didn’t even use a project box with mine (it sits behind the PC anyway). My only worry was the included software, but after I got it I saw that the CD includes most all the shareware/freeware you’ll need (it is free software I would have ended up downloading anyway… and downloading programs is bad for me because I’m still using dial-up). As for performance, I have not had any problems and the interface works great. I didn’t do digital anything with my HF rig before this kit, but now I can. The best thing about this kit is the price! It sure beats going to Radio Shack and buying tons of parts when you only need individual components.
Eric (K8CCA) is great to deal with… he responds to emails quickly and provides fast shipping (and doesn’t hit you up with a bunch of nasty shipping and handling charges).
This kit is well planned and includes quality parts. Some kits out there have certain parts that require some advanced soldering… not this one though. If you have basic soldering skills you won’t have a problem with this kit. Like the saying goes… keep is simple.
Thanks for a great item!

WW3K Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2004 19:10 Send this review to a friend
The BEST there is!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This nifty little thing (basically home-brewed to rig/enclosure you want) will do it ALL: PSK-31, RTTY, Hellscriber, SSTV, MT-63, CW (BOTH TX & RX DECODING!!), and WJST High Speed Meteor Scatter, plus more! Basically, it just helps you connect the kit to your rig, and all the functionality is software/sound-card derived. In my humble opinion, all the software alone (CD INCLUDED FOR THE LOW $15 TOTAL PRICE) is worth more than the kit!!! I never would've gotten on PSK-31 or RTTY without it.

I use it on my ICOM rig, and I connect via the rear panel accessory plug. (As everyone's rig is different, plug not included, you have to scrounge your own) The software/computer does the rest for me. I use a battery powered laptop so as to avoid ground loops, as I bread-boarded this kit on a non-shielded piece of perf board.

You can get as fancy or as spartan (read: "el-cheapo"; read: "ME!") as you like with this kit.

YOU NOW HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR NOT EXPERIMENTING W/ PSK-31 OR RTTY LIKE ME!

Buy this right now!!!