Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | N4PY Pegasus Plus Software Help

Reviews Summary for N4PY Pegasus Plus Software
N4PY Pegasus Plus Software Reviews: 82 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65
Description: Control Program for the Ten-Tec Pegasus and Jupiter Radio
More info: http://www.n4py.com

You can write your own review of the N4PY Pegasus Plus Software.

EA6NB Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2014 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Very good improvement for K3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using N4PY-Pegasus software with my K3 and is the best improvement I have made to this very good transceiver, now I hardly use any keys of the K3, also using the Flex Control for external VFO and programmable buttons is outstanding. The K3 is a very good transceiver (probably the best I have use) but is small and you don't have Band and Mode buttons and most of the keys have two commands,there is no problem with this but with N4PY is easier and faster than with my FT5000MP or other big rig, also you can program keys as you like or need.
I just recommend to get this software (plus Flex Control) for a much better use of the K3, I am sure you will enjoy it. For 65$ is the best accessory for your transceiver.

W5NRF Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2014 07:24 Send this review to a friend
FTDX-3000 setup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Yaesu FTDX-3000 radio, a Softrock RX Ensemble II HF receiver, and an Ultimate USB Deluxe sound card.

Carl helped me d/l the software on a trial basis, then guided me through the setup and operation step by step (by email). This was on a Sunday, and with no expectation of whether I would buy or not!

You can't buy support like that nowadays.
Highly recommend...

WH6MS Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2014 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Outstanding software and outstanding customer support from Carl. You can't go wrong using this software.

W8JXM Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2013 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Simply Great!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I say simply because I am not the most computer literate person. Have a Pegasus and the software integrates radio,external tuner, and amp so it works as a 1kw radio. Carl's manual explains it all in an easy to understand manner for us non-computer people. I will never part with this equipment or his software. He is only an e-mail away. Perfect 5.0 tells it all. Thank you Carl.....

K0FTC Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2013 10:28 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT-dx1200 control software  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is more of an update as I've switched my main radio to an FT-dx1200. All the various capabilities to tie your radio into a pan-adapter, CW Skimmer, cluster program, and logging program exist for this radio as it has for the other radios I've used N4PY to control and interface them. I guess that is one reason why I am a fan of the software - there is a huge selection of radios that N4PY will work really well with, and that is a good thing as often as I trade and buy radios in the search for the perfect one - HI. There is so much you can do right from your desktop, I hardly touch the radio itself. But more then that, you will never find better customer service. The FT-dx1200 is a new radio for Carl's software and as such there were a few things that needed tweaking in the software for this radio. Between holiday events and family, we communicated over Christmas Eve to the day after Christmas to make those tweaks. There are not a lot of folks who would answer an email for assistance and work so diligently through a couple of issues during that time frame and Carl is one of those few - really outstanding customer service. So if you are looking for radio control software for you FT-dx1200, I've recommend N4PY as a great option for you. (I'm just a customer and have no other association with N4PY.) 73, John K0FTC

VE4AMN Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2013 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Update on service (K3)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a question about saving memories. Sent an e-mail late one evening and the reply awaited me when I woke. Made the easy change and now
I have memories working better than the K3 utility. Excellent service on a great product. This program supports many rigs... the title needs to be changed to reflect that.

DF1DGE Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2013 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi, OM's

I asked Carl for adding the S-Meter Light ( http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Software/SMeterLite.htm ) to the pegasus plus software.
He followed my request and added the very fine S-Meter in the new beta-Version 4.07k.
Many thanks for this, Carl!

You can calibrate the S-Meter if you want and you can use it for plotting antenne patterns.

Try this.

73, Dieter DF1DGE

W0ZS Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2013 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I don't know where to begin. I first purchased this program to make my Kenwood TS-590 work correctly with setting up splits with DX4Win. You can use the Pegasus settings in many programs to control your rig. I found this software to be useful as a poor man's SDR. I can control the rig without ever touching the radio. I purchased a Flexcontrol knob which you can read about in another review. Suffice it to say, it is really cool! Some things I would like to try in the future will be adding a second rig (TenTec 320) and control it as a second receiver. I have found the instruction manual to be a little overwhelming. I attribute that to the author trying to cover many different functions relating to different radios. That is not the fault of the author, but rather the extensive capabilities of the software! Just keep the manual nearby. I have found the author to be extremely helpful via e-mail as well as the Yahoo reflector group. The initial cost is modest, and the small annual fee will be well worth it.

N5JBD Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2012 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Just like getting a new radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had my Ten Tec Jupiter for several years, it's my CW/Digital radio. I was just getting bored with it and had started to think about a new radio. I had looked at this software before and decided not to purchase it, I can't remember why but now I won't operate the radio without it. I'm using features that I never used before. The point and click makes it so easy to get the most out of your radio.

Support is GREAT every question that I've had has been answered usually within hours of my email.

Put some new life in your old Jupiter with N4PY's great program.

WS4AU Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2012 00:45 Send this review to a friend
Sudden Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed the N4PY program on a Saturday and it was late in the day. I had a couple of computer issues and decided to pick up on it the next day.
I didn't get started again until late Sunday afternoon. I had a couple of questions so I sent an email to Carl asking him about the issues. As soon as I sent the email I got up and went to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. When I got my coffee, my cell phone rings and it was Carl, ready to help me with my problem getting the software to operate properly. This was about 5 PM on a Sunday afternoon!! Of course he got MY mistakes taken care of and I was off and running shortly thereafter. I told Carl that he must really love his work to be doing it on a Sunday afternoon and he replied that he does. Thanks Carl for Sudden Service and I like your software package a lot!!