Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Yaesu FC-20 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FC-20
Yaesu FC-20 Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $250
Description: HF-6 Meter Antenna Tuner

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FC-20.

VE3YF Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2004 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Nice FT-100 Companion  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Good working tuner. I bought this tuner for the FT-100 and I am extremely pleased. On every band it works flawlessly including warc and 6m. Quiet operation with the FT-100. Memories (100 of them) are easy as pushing a button for 1/2 second. Quite the tuner and with the memories you just go there and the tuner follows in split seconds. Adds another antenna jack for a dedicated 50 mhz antenna as well so your FT-100 can go from 1 mhz to 70cm inclusive with the right antennas. Great tuner and highly recommended if you have an FT-847 or the FT-100.

LU5DDX Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2004 08:48 Send this review to a friend
rapido y furioso  Time owned: more than 12 months
realmente un exelente at si usted tiene un ft 100 un ft847 o los nuevos ft 897 y 857 no lo dude el at trabaja en un rango de sintonia muy generoso , aun mas grande de lo especificado en fabrica es muy rapido para ajustar y la ventaja de las 100 memorias lo hacen veloz en el reajuste este at logra la sinonia primero seleccionando el mejor circuto lc fijo disponible para la impedancia buscada y luego realiza el ajuste final y perfecto mediante dos variables como un at manual pero en forma automatica y silenciosa .
si tiene que hacer la inversion no lo dude yo lo probe con un ft 100 y es perfecto .
saludos desde Bs.As jorge

GM1EXK Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2004 22:32 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the FC-20 on a Yaesu 100D. I had a problem at first with tuning which was solved by making a RF choke from coiling a few turns of the coax. I was getting RF in the shield and the tuner didn't like it!
But now that is solved it works very well! I have an 80-10m windom which will acturally tune 160-6m inclusive and the 60m experimental band with no problems!
So plus sides,
Will tune a wide range of impedences for an automatic tuner (better than the newer FC-30 apparently)
Hardly makes any noise while tuning and the fan is near silent!
Looks good and seems to be well constructed
Has two external antenna sockets and a simple switch to choose between them (only control on the atu!)
Fairly fast for an ATU
Now the bad points..
Can only be used with the matching radios
Only S0239 connectors.. no 'wire antenna' connector like some
The memories don't allow for multiple antennas.. so if you swap antenna you need to retune and replace the existing memory for the frequecy. Not a problem if you use different antennas for different bands
no displays to tell you what is going on (however the matching radios give you all this info)
None of the negatives are really issues. All in all a great ATU, one of the best I have ever owned. Good job Yaeau!

K5IX Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2004 20:51 Send this review to a friend
excellent antenna tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
ive had the fc20 for about 2 years with my yaesu ft-847... I hardly even notice its on when it sits on top of the 847...but when I switch bands...I see the "tuner" come on for a second or 2 and Im all tuned up....quiet....

KT4NM Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2003 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great tuner matched up with the FT100-d
fast quiet and I really like the memories.

Works well on both vertical and G5rv. Really pleased with this tuner and would recommend.

KDH952 Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2003 00:11 Send this review to a friend
Nice Unit  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great tuner. Bought for the FT-100D and never more pleased. On the mobile it tuned nearly every WARC band on a Wilson 5000 mobile antenna. Quiet and seamless operation with the FT-100. Memories (100 of them) are easy as pushing a button for 1/2 second. This thing is a dream and can even tune a no ground vertical base antenna. Quite the tuner and with the memories you just go there and the tuner follows in split seconds. Adds another antenna jack for a dedicated 50 mhz antenna as well so your FT can go from 1 mhz to 70cm inclusive with the right antennas. Great tuner and highly recommended if you have an FT847 or a FT100.

AF4KK Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2002 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Fast and QUIET!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was hesitant to buy an automatic antenna tuner because I've heard they were slow and noisy. Since I have a Yaesu FT-100D, I took the chance to buy the Yaesu FC-20 automatic antenna tuner! What a honey!!
It's fast and very quiet. I run my set-up in a mobile environment and I have to shut the car off just to hear they relays clicking!
If it wasn't for the display on the FT-100D, I wouldn't ven know it was operating!
When I'm on the road, I run a Hamstick vertical whip. When I pull into my garage, I attach a wire diplole on the top of my house. The tuner tunes from 160 to 6 meters on both antenna! GREAT UNIT!