Reviews Categories | Lightning & Surge Protection/Supression | PolyPhaser IS-50UX-C0 Help

Reviews Summary for PolyPhaser IS-50UX-C0
PolyPhaser IS-50UX-C0 Reviews: 17 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: Broadband DC Blocked Protector
More info: http://www.polyphaser.com

You can write your own review of the PolyPhaser IS-50UX-C0.

W5KVV Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2017 22:32 Send this review to a friend
Never had a problem with them   Time owned: more than 12 months
We use PolyPhaser exclusively on all our VHF/UHF repeaters. They have performed flawlessly. I have never used them in a high power situation nor on HF, but for a repeater installation, they are excellent. These are pretty much the industry standard in the LMR industry. For the record, we have both the older US made units and the newer Chinese units in service. No problems with either.

VK3EGN Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2016 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Watch Your SWR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
PolyPhaser power ratings are given for matched load - SWR 1:1.
If SWR is 2:1, power rating must be increased 1.7 times. If SWR is 3:1, power rating needs to be 2.25 times output power.
Some people ignore their SWR, and blame equipment.
You must select PolyPhaser suited to your application.

W6GX Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2014 01:52 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have five of these in my station. They handle legal limit just fine. I run 160m to 6m. I would recommend these and buy them again if I need more in the future.

W5DGM Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2014 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent protectors  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't speak for some of the other reviewers on this product, but I've been using Polyphaser products for more than twenty years, and I have not had one fail prematurely. I use them in various broadcast facilities, as well as at my home ham station (along with Alpha Delta devices - see separate review). I've ran QRO through my HF protectors to my antennas that were rated for such power with no faults whatsoever. As for protection, whenever there are thunderstorms in my area, I have NEVER disconnected my lines, because these devices (I have station properly grounded) have always protected my station. Think for a minute about the many broadcast, cellular, government, and military systems that use these protectors year in and out. They are rated for a certain RF voltage with a safety factor above that, with nominal vswr. All I can say is that they perform very well, just as long as you use them properly.

WB2PKR Rating: 0/5 Aug 5, 2014 05:14 Send this review to a friend
Can't handle QRO  Time owned: more than 12 months
They work great until you use an amp. Mine worked for several years until I went QRO. Since then I have blown three. They simply cant handle 1KW. Customer service is of no help.

N7WY Rating: 2/5 Feb 3, 2014 09:40 Send this review to a friend
Suspect quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed it on the feed line of my 40m Yagi. Worked fine for a month driving 100w through it with VSWR below 3:1. Decided to set the tuning presets on my amp. Pre-tune tx power is 600w. Amp immediately said VSWR was wacko. Yep, it was 10:1. The PolyPhaser either had failed before the 600w hit it, or the 600w killed it. At the test point, the VSWR according to my analyzer is less than 1.4:1.

KJ4FGI Rating: 3/5 Jan 17, 2014 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Made in China  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine arrived today, I live in Florida and thought I was going for one of the top of the line surge protectors.
I believe the previous comments about it not being able to withstand the advertised wattage because anything made in China has not stood up to squat in RF. The surge protector arrived today, I opened the box, "Surprise" Made in China.

When it comes to China RF products (My experience)they don't stand up, they doen't even produce. I have had China coax (very Lousy and doesn't last outdoors , coax connectors, their metal is not anywhere near U.S. standards, their products don't stand up. I am disheartened about spending 73.00 dollars on this.

I just purchase the Arry Solution Model AS-303U, I called first and spoke to Jay, he stated they build their products in the U.S.A. with U.S.A. parts not with imported parts from China.

PolyPhaser will go on e-bay, see what I can recoup back. Another lesson, call first and ask where your item is made. I gave it a 3 because I'm sure it might be OK but I would not trust my ham gear to it. Would You?

K4FX Rating: 4/5 Mar 30, 2012 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Not bad  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I run my polyphaser with low SWR on my antennas, up to legal limit on SSB and CW, and RTTY contesting at about 800w or so with an 8877. I have had it for 6 months or so in line with nary a problem. Considering I got mine for 20 bucks NIB, I can't complain too loudly if it does fail

W4USA Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2009 08:28 Send this review to a friend
So far - So Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 17 of them on various antennas. Some for over 6 years. I have had no problems with them and being here in Florida, I credit them for keeping the static buildup off my antennas. (so far - so good)

K1XV Rating: 1/5 Jul 29, 2007 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Can't take QRO operation  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Same thing happened to me. They blew out running 1 Kw or so. Happened twice in a row.

I guess they would be OK if I did not run a linear.