Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | ICOM PS85 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM PS85
ICOM PS85 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $?
Description: Switch mode power supply unit.

You can write your own review of the ICOM PS85.

W8KMA Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2017 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Solid Built!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
No problems!! The fan keeps it cool, never runs hot!! It runs a IC-746 very nicely!!

I don't see any noise on HF so maybe this is a newer one that is modified?? The fan could be a little quieter, but it does a nice job keeping things from burning up!! I'd rather have more fan than not, so no complaints!! Built like a tank!!

VK5FDMR Rating: 4/5 Mar 15, 2007 03:12 Send this review to a friend
No problems so far  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi everyone,

I have owned my Icom PS-85 for many years and touch wood I have never had any problems with my unit. I use it to power my Icom 751A. It does this with ease and has never missed a beat. If you could find one on the second hand market, I would recomend one for sure.

Best 73 de Dave VK5FDMR

KI4NX Rating: 4/5 Jan 30, 2006 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Good Supply  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I brought the PS-85 used. When received, I made the MODS.DK mods and it's been working fine every since. I use it with my 706Mk2g and 7000 with no problems. Great size and match to the other ICOMs I own.

VE4MM Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2004 20:46 Send this review to a friend
No Problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used it with my ICOM 718 and 706MKIIG.

SM0SSJ Rating: 2/5 Dec 28, 2002 03:18 Send this review to a friend
Buy something else  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use the PS-85 together wit my IC706 and i like the low weight, but it gives a lot of spurious emission on all hf-bands. Buy some other PS instead of the PS-85.

VK4LL Rating: 0/5 Jun 9, 2002 16:33 Send this review to a friend
Dont bother!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a PS85 together with an IC746 from a local ICOM authorized dealer and big was my surprise to find such a poor product. If you like hum and spurious emissions all over the HF bands, go ahead and buy the PSU,,,,hmmmm A phone call to ICOM Australia, they told me not to bother with the supply as it was not made by ICOM, mearly relabeled. It is only suggested for VHF/UHF operations. My suggestion: Dont bother at all. I have seen much better switch mode supplies with hardly no emissions even on 160m, so shame on you ICOM....! By the way the IC746 is great.