Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Motorola HT600 Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola HT600
Motorola HT600 Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $200.00
Description: VHF/UHF 4/5 watt handheld portable, 2-6 channel
$75 to $200 used street price depending on condition
More info: http://www.motorola.com

You can write your own review of the Motorola HT600.

PETRIE Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2003 17:46 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The HT-600 is one of the best radios i have used, Sure it does not have all the features like these new radios, tho it will stand up to a bashing!
I use these radios on my crazy missions and adventures hehe, and ive never had any prob, I even rode my dirt bike into a pond with my radio, and the radio still works! Fantastic!

These radios will never give up!
And the Batterys Last SOoOOoOoo Long!

Fantastic!!!!!!!

( I got 6 of these units and a 6 bank charger )
( They Work Great )

HIFIANDREW Rating: 4/5 Jun 12, 2002 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Good old workhorse  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
What can I say, I love the HT600. It's not sexy. It's just a big, tough, good old workhorse. And they're dirt cheap on the used market these days. They're really tough, they're widely used in industry. I love a radio you can beat the tar out of and it will still keep working. I wish newer electronics were still built that way. Remember the old Motorola brick cell phone? It was a big old pain but you could drop it on concrete over and over and it would keep working. The HT600 is from that era. With only 6 channels I'm sure it's not practical for most HAMs. But for those who only use a few channels they're great. I use mine on GMRS and they're perfect for traveling. Really thier only downside is their size and weight and lack of bells and whistles. But when I'm going into battle I'll take an old Sherman tank over a fancy new little Jeep anyday.