Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | Code cube Help

Reviews Summary for Code cube
Code cube Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Measuring a mere 25 x 25 x 34 mm, the Code Cube is a full-featured electronic memory keyer that plugs into any Palm Mini Paddle - no external wiring, just plug it in. And for those who prefer a different paddle, there will be a stand-alone version of the Code Cube with a powder-coated aluminum housing. The Code Cube utilizes the popular Jackson Harbor Press PK3 chip. It is powered by the readily available, long lasting (200 mAh) CR2032 3V Lithium Cell (included).
More info: http://www.palm-radio.de/english/english.html

You can write your own review of the Code cube.

G3XYS Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2012 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Update from 6th Dec  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sorted out my little challenge! I found my original manual and look-up card and managed to flush all of the old settings which I think one or more were corrupt. Hanness in Germany has been very helpful. (Palm.de) My assessment is now back up to 5. I have two Mini-Paddles and one Palm Portable and find them ideal for portable work.

73/72s
Mark

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2012 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Great product, even better service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the code cube and Palm mini paddle since 2006 almost on a daily basis. In fact I have 3 of these combos and one Palm portble key. Just recently on my most used cube I noticed some problems with the cable-connector, it seems there was a loose contact. I contacted the manufacturer and he told me to just send the cube. Within about one week my cube was fixed free of charge, they even didn`t let my pay for the postage! Never experienced a service like this before, I surely will get some more of Palm products in the future. Again, great great service and products.

OZ1LQO Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2012 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Works Amazingly Well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a true gem - it mates perfectly with the paddles from Palm, producing the ideal travel and /P keyer. Filled with functionality (always remember the little menu overview card), I can hardly wait for my upcoming (work) travel to VP5, where I plan to be QRV with an FT-817 in my spare time.
A bit expensive, yes, but so very well engineered. If you're using the FT-817, don't just buy the paddles, get this one as well! It changes everything :-)

Best 73

VK4TJF Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2010 02:32 Send this review to a friend
very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the code cube in today
very easy to hook up.
works well with my K8RA key
works well with my ICOM 718 rig
had some DX qso's with it.
not bad to learn how to control it.
very logical menu set up
its a very good product!
very happy with it, and it's sooo small
I guess good things do come in small packages

W4AMW Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2009 15:50 Send this review to a friend
Everything I could ask and more.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Code Cube attached to the Palm Mini Paddle meets (and exceeds) all of my CW needs. I normally use a bug for Morse. The Cube has a bug mode I can select. Even while it is in bug mode I can still record my call and other info into the memories. As soon as I bring up a memory location the Cube temporarily reverts to iambic mode. After slowing the keyer down to 15 wpm I can manage to send in that mode in order to populate the memory sites. After the memory insertions are completed I can start sending in bug mode again without any other adjustment. For some reason I can send 25-38 wpm with a bug while I would have trouble at those same speeds with a paddle. Who would have ever thought a 21st century device like the Code Cube would be designed to include the needs of a ham using an early 20th century sending mode. Well done. Very well done indeed.
Schley Cox, W4AMW

EI7BA Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2007 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant design  Time owned: months
This thing is tiny..Well designed..Beautifully made Just like the rest of their stuff. It came complete with all the necessary bits and pieces. I also got the Infra Red setup.. So tidy, no cables all over the place. The various components integrate so well. You can carry the whole shebang in your pocket. I use it for /P operating. It's ideal for taking on holiday etc.

WI6T Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2006 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Precision and perfection  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got both the cube and paddles at Morse Express here in the Denver area (yes, Marshall has a real walk-in location where you can play with everything!). Intent was to use with KX-1; now use with KX-1 and Ten Tec Argonaut V. I like the option of using the paddles only or paddles with cube. Cube features are great; especially being able to adjust speed with rotating knob. This cube/paddle could be all you need for CW, it is that good. The paddle magnets are strong so it will sit still on any magnetic surface (if you buy both the cube and paddles, make sure you get the magnets - 2 each). Fit, finish, manufacturing quality is German perfect. Get this cube/paddle combination and be satisfied.

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2006 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Tiny! but Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This thing is tiny. But it works just great. All you need when going portable with a Palm mini paddle and a small RIG

K0UU Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2006 06:18 Send this review to a friend
Superbly designed for mobiles  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can vouch for the quality and innovative engineering employed in the manufacture and design of the Code Cube. It was the answer to my prayers for mobile CW operation with a TS-50 when mated to the Palm Paddle.

Kudos to Morse Express (mtechnologies.com) for such great customer service, after a component in my 1st Code Cube failed. Marshall Emm replied promptly to my email, instructing me to return it for diagnosis. After receiving it, he even called to inform me it would be replaced under warranty, and my new Code Cube arrived in 3 days.

DL6XAZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2004 05:14 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got this tiny thing in use for a couple of years now for portable qrp ops and admit I am delighted! Programming the callsign is an instant matter, the setup takes 5 mins, and off you go. Fixing the Palm Paddle with the Cube for operations requires inventive thinking but if there is no iron support available, a double sided sticky pad or tape can also help.
Worth the money and fully recommended.
vy73 Fred DL6XAZ