Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | K1NU ICOM and Yaesu rig control cables Help

Reviews Summary for K1NU ICOM and Yaesu rig control cables
K1NU ICOM and Yaesu rig control cables Reviews: 30 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $29.
Description: Computer control (CI-V) cable for Icom and Yaesu
More info: http://www.k1nu.com/Products

You can write your own review of the K1NU ICOM and Yaesu rig control cables.

W6JPZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2004 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Using With DX4WIN  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great. I thought I had a bad cable at first because I forgot to activate the RTS control in DX4WIN. Should have read the little instruction sheet that it comes with first but of course everyone knows instructions are just packing material. Anyway after I changed my setup it worked like a charm. Big savings over a CT-17.

K8AC Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2004 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Does the job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works perfectly with my Icom 765, where another brand of interface cable would not. Fast shipping, good communications from K1NU. A very minor point - there are no screws with which to secure the 9 pin RS-232 plug to the port on the PC.

WA4GKQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2004 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got my Icom cable from Len as an alternative to the expensive CI-V unit from Icom. It's simple, works great, great price, great service. No problem.

ZL4AD Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2003 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Just Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Len is a great fellow to deal with,products great, hooked the control cable up to my 746Pro,10min later was up and running on MixW and N1MM logger. Service great, ordered and 1 week later arrived ZL and that was in amongst the xmas post,and most of all it beat the heck out of the Icom price.
This is a sevice and product with no dramas attached, great.

KD7UFF Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2003 19:59 Send this review to a friend
WONDERFUL!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All i can say is Thank Len... Why pay Icom's price when we have Len.. I am 100% sold! would buy another. I will for sure recomend Lens cable to anyone

Thanks Len !!

EI2JC Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2003 08:03 Send this review to a friend
Works FB  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Works fine with my 756proII and SD logging software.Recently changed computer to one which has no serial ports but Lens' interface works fine with USB/serial adapter.Fast shipping from the US to EI

KB0HAE Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2003 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Great product at a great price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the rig control cable for my Icom 706MKII. It works great, and at a MUCH better price than the Icom C-IV unit. I already had homebrew keying interface for digital modes and only one com port on the laptop. I opened the DB9 shell of the rig control interface, and soldered a wire to the DTR pin, and another to the ground. I connected these to the proper pins of a male DB9 connector. (My keying interface was already built into a DB9 female connector) Now I can run either interface, or both at the same time (which is what I normally do) The setup works great with all the PSK/SSTV/Rig control software I have tried. Thanks K1NU for a great product at a great price!

G4UKP Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2003 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Super product great service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Cable sent from USA to GB in a few days, postage was buttons. Due to a problem with my serial port (unknown to me and obviously not Len's fault)I had a few problems about which I had immediate email responses and remember - the problem was not with the cable. All is now sweetness and light and LOGGER responds perfectly to my Icom 775.
How did I manage without mode/frequency tracking?
Super product and great service - from a gent!

K7MH Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2003 00:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the radio interface cable for the 746, and later the CW cable for my computer to use with Logic6. Not only were the cables very well put together and a reasonable price, K1NU was most helpfull answering questions with a couple setup dificulties. He and his cables are highly recommended. K7MH.

KC0W Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2003 00:53 Send this review to a friend
Plug 'n play  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the CW cable to key my Yaesu 1000d while running WriteLog contest software. Works just as K1NU said it would.

Also ordered the Yaesu CAT radio control cable at the same time......How cool is this thing!!! Again, plug & play.

Tom kcw