Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Force 12 6m yagis Help

Reviews Summary for Force 12 6m yagis
Force 12 6m yagis Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1,100.00
Description: 6 meter beams, models EF-606, EF-706, EF-906
More info: http://www.force12inc.com

You can write your own review of the Force 12 6m yagis.

W5TFW Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2010 11:16 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME ! EF906  Time owned: more than 12 months
A KILLER ANTENNA ! 475 + Grid squares and counting ! this antenna is BUILT like a TANK !
its remarkable. 55 COUNTRIES on 6 meters from the Lower Mississippi area ! I like the people at M2
but their antennas aren't nearly as strong as this one is !in an AREA that gets LOTS of strong hurricane winds I'll take this one any day !
I cant say enough about the quality of this antenna. I just wish I could afford to STACK 4 of them ! then I could make MY OWN band openings !
Joey

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2007 06:24 Send this review to a friend
EF-906, Robust!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a OWA design on a 30' boom. Check out Cebik's articles on the OWA design for VHF ( http://www.cebik.com/qex/owa.pdf ). This is a very robust antenna. Elements are .75" for the 12" center section, tapering to .625" for 18" then to .5" tips. The boom is 2" diameter end to end with the walls being .125" except for the 6' end pieces being .058". The design calls for no truss. I have modeled this with MultiNEC and YW and it's right on what Force12 claims as true gain of 10.6dBd and 25dB FB. SWR curve is very broad which came in handy last week when we had a heavy and wet snowfall. My EF-906's SWR did not budge when there were M2's in the area that were unusable.

Being a OWA design it uses a split driven element and I have for it a new high quality Array Solutions W1JR 1:1 balun with N connector.

I have not had any openings yet since I put my other EF-906 up but I do work regularly from FM19lc up into FN32 with QSO's that span an hour or more. That is 325 miles and I am only using 100W.