Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Amp Supply LK-8877 Help

Reviews Summary for Amp Supply LK-8877
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Unknown
Description: Legal-limit 8877 amplifier
More info: http://out of business

You can write your own review of the Amp Supply LK-8877.

WY3X Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2002 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Work Hoss!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I don't know if Amp Supply actually got into production of this unit or not. When I received it, I also received a single page advertisement that listed this amplifier for sale in kit form and also in finished form. The one I got appears to have been a kit, because some of the metal work in the plate circuit was cut roughly. Perhaps the original parts were lost but maybe this entire amp was a prototype, because I have never seen or heard of another one in existence! It's SUPER quiet! You can barely tell it's on except for the air rushing out over the single 8877 tube. Full output with about 60 watts of drive. Very easy to tune after I tightened up some loose screws which held the high voltage circuit together. Vacuum cap, and a HUGE band switch fit for a king! I wish it "snapped" into position, but you have to use your sense of touch to tell when it is rubbing between the contacts instead. It sure is satisfying to know that you have an amp capable of legal limit- no more wondering how much better your signal would be if only you had spent the extra bux and bought a full 1500 watt amp! Some day I will have vinyl letters that say "Amp Supply LK-8877" to put on the front, but for now, I'm satisfied with the giant unassuming brown box on the desk! The vernier tuning controls have a really nice feel to them. I wish the meter was marked in watts, but I have an outboard wattmeter that serves the purpose. Oh- one more thing- The amp is so light (in comparison to other legal-limit amps) even a 98-pound weakling can heft it onto the bench! Who knows, if Amp Supply would have brought this amp to market, they may still be in business today! I give it a solid 5 because although it's not the prettiest crayon in the box, it does what it's supposed to do VERY well without any problem whatsoever.