Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Burghardt Repair Service Help

Reviews Summary for Burghardt Repair Service
Burghardt Repair Service Reviews: 103 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $75/hr Jan2011
Description: Kenwood Authorized Service

You can write your own review of the Burghardt Repair Service.

K7YB Rating: 0/5 Apr 24, 2014 19:59 Send this review to a friend
worst service  Time owned: more than 12 months
After having a TS440 fixed in 97 there, I had a 756 with a problem and sent it in. The "tech"(?) pencil-whipped a bench check and returned it. Same problem still, and internal jumpers were not reconnected and the ground post had been cross threaded. It went back (at their cost) and was "fixed" (?) again. Worked fine for 3 months and the same lo power transmit problem returned. WILL NOT BE SENDING THE EQUIPMENT TO THEM AGAIN.

N4UED Rating: 1/5 Apr 17, 2014 00:19 Send this review to a friend
Left the Amplifier on the Bench running .  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am writing another review after my original was removed . I sent my amplifier in for warranty repair in 2009 . I was hearing a popping noise in my amp . I called to check on the repair . A lady answered . She said everyone had left for a ham fest . She went in the back and said that my amplifier was powered on . This was how it was tested . I had to send it back to the people who designed it . They fixed it , however I was out 75 dollars for shipping it back to Burghardt for those guys to do nothing at all . I gave them a 1 because the lady that answered the phone was honest . Chuck N4UED

K0XD Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2014 20:49 Send this review to a friend
repair ft1000D  Time owned: more than 12 months
GREAT AND QUICK SERVICE ON 20 YR OLD YAESU FT1000D

W4ZFL Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2013 23:49 Send this review to a friend
Ft- 990 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
The dial on my Yaesu FT-990 wouldn't turn and the memory circuits were all out, so I shipped it off the Burkhardt. They did a fine job on repairs and the price was reasonable. I really like this transceiver and it was good to have it back.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2013 16:32 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had my beloved 756ProII receiver fall victim to the dreaded static discharge on the antenna. One minute I was checking into a net and the next I couldn't hear a 10kw station next door. Looked up the problem on the net and found it to be common. shipped the rig to burghardt and they fixed it right up, added a nice little circuit to stop this from happening again and tuned the radio up. The cost was fair as far as I can see. And the radio arrived back in my hands in less than 2 weeks. I have no doubts where any other repairs of this type will go! Thanks guys!!!

KG7FIU Rating: 4/5 Dec 27, 2013 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Good But A Little Pricey  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The rotary encoder knob on my Alinco DX-70 was acting flaky and needed to be repaired.

The Burghardt guy told me up-front they were running about 18 days for repairs, and they did manage to get it done within that time-frame.
I did follow up with them with an email asking about the status after a week or so having not heard anything back.

Parts costed $25 and labor was $112 for 1.5 hours. Total cost (incl. 2 day return shipping) was $173. I thought the cost for repairs was a bit pricey for just a knob/switch replacement -- heck it's practically half what I paid for my radio [but what the heck do I know!].

Guess I should be grateful. They did fix the knob nicely. They also tuned the radio up and produced a print-out report of their work.

Now I had carefully recorded the RF output on each freq. band carefully before I shipped it off, so I could compare the before/after TX performance. My DX-70 had been putting out from 78 Watts to 120 Watts, depending upon which band I was on. After repairs. it puts out very close to 100 to 101 watts on every band from 1.8 MHz to 28 MHz--very close to mfg. specs. The RX seems OK, probably the same as it was before -- can't really tell as my S-meter performs erratically.

So I'm giving Burghardt 4 out of 5 stars. They do basically good work, but they can be a little pricey -- especially for cheapskates like me.

KE0Z Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Good work  Time owned: more than 12 months
My IC-718 developed a problem. On the upper bands, 15 and 10 meters, it would momentarily have no output when switched to transmit mode. As a result it would cut off the first dit or dah of a Morse code character, or sometimes more. I emailed Jim and he had an idea what it was just from my description of the symptom. I live not far away so I dropped it off as I was passing through Watertown, SD. A week and a half later I got it back nicely packaged and the problem was gone. Good work.

AE6OP Rating: 4/5 Sep 1, 2013 18:19 Send this review to a friend
Positive FT-1000D Repair Experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent my FT-1000D in for a xmitter issue and a general tune up. The radio was returned with the xmittr issue fixed but arrived with the rcvr playing 30db of noise on all bands and with no ant connected. Jerry at Burghart's was kind and thoughtful enough to call tag the unit and ultimately return the radio with the rcvr issue repaired. And they did so at no additional charge. I would have given 5 stars if their customer communications were more responsive and if this whole process had not taken some two months. Moral of the story, trust Burghart's to ultimately fix the radio right and if not, know they will make it right and ultimately return calls but you must be patient. I would not hesitate to use them again and highly recommend them.

N8BLP Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2013 19:00 Send this review to a friend
REPAIR OF A FT-757GX  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
JIM DID A REAL NICE JOB IN FIXING THE 4 PROBLEMS ON MY YAESU FT-757GX. IT IS AN OLDER RADIO & FINDING SOMEONE THAT WILL WORK ON IT IS NO LONGER A WORRY FOR ME. I THINK I WILL HANG ON TO IT AS LONG AS BURGHARDT IS WILLING TO WORK ON IT. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THEM.
CHUCK
N8BLP

N3HYB Rating: 0/5 Aug 19, 2013 12:42 Send this review to a friend
bad experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
About one year ago I sent my HR-2510 in for repairs. I know parts for these old radios are hard to come by. So when they said they could not find parts I said OK send back the radio and bill me for your services. I have yet to receive back the radio after numerous requests. My guess is they lost it or don't feel it is worth the effort. Needless to say I will NEVER use their services again.