Reviews Categories | QRP Accessories | PowerPort WorldPack II Help

Reviews Summary for PowerPort WorldPack II
PowerPort WorldPack II Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $67.95 + S/H
Description: Holds all mobile radios built in the last 10 years, and specifically designed with the newer HF mini mobiles in mind such as the FT-100 or the IC-706. Also works beautifully carrying the FT-817 along with the Z-11 antenna tuner
More info: http://www.powerportstore.com/Mobile%20Packs%20Portal-AR.htm

You can write your own review of the PowerPort WorldPack II.

K6WYO Rating: 0/5 Jul 21, 2012 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Not worth your time  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wish I would have seen this page before I bought this. I will say the build quality is good. But the functionality is just horrible. Like other have said there is no way to secure your radio. The pouch for the battery on the bottom is nice. Overall though my old lady's purse would make a more functional bag for my FT-817.
It honestly is so bad that I am going to have tear it apart and add support inside. Nice idea, bad execution and research.

W7RUE Rating: 4/5 Feb 24, 2011 14:59 Send this review to a friend
Good but could be great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got mine at Christmas time for my FT-897D and my FT-817ND. It appears to be well made but as the previous reviewers have stated, it needs some modifications to be real useful. Good, but could be Great. I would like to see some attaching points within the bag to secure the radio and its equipment. It also needs some attaching points on the outside to attach equipment such as water bottles or HTs, which could also be used to hook it into a larger rucksack (like we did with our radios in the Army). Adding velcro openings in the sides for antenna coax and microphones would also improve it so that it could be used for portable operations while hiking. Like I said; Good but not Great!

Having said all that, I am impressed with the workmanship so I ordered the DXpedition Pack. I am hoping that it is a Great product and not just an OK or Good product and will report back on it once I test it. 73... Rue W7RUE

K1LDS Rating: 2/5 Jan 2, 2007 22:15 Send this review to a friend
PASS IT BY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great idea, well constructed, but the design has too many flaws. No way to secure the radio inside, needs an internal frame and external antenna mount, if needs REAL shoulder straps, the bottom compartment is a pain to get into.

I got mine for $30, and figure it will cost me another $30 in modifications to make it suitable for use.

Keith K1LDS

K8YS Rating: 4/5 Jun 18, 2002 13:51 Send this review to a friend
nice, but could be better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the World Pack II just prior to the Hamvention 2002. When it arrived, I was impressed by the construction and the lay out of the case. Everything fits nicely and it does protect the radio and LDG Z-11 tuner. There is enough room in the bottom compartment to fit two 4Ah 12v gel-cells. The compartment top has two holes to allow connections to easily go between the main compartment and the bottom.

After more experiance with the carry case, I discovered a couple short falls.

The list of improvements that I would make would be to put "D Rings" on both sides and maybe the top. This would allow easier attachment to a pack frame or another back pack.

I would include a velcro closed flap in the side to allow easier access to the microphone connections.

I would include a velcro closed flap at the bottom of the main compartment to bring out the antenna connections.

And I would provide removable shoulder straps.

PowerPort put pouches on both sides of the WorldPack II, and one side pouch even has an access hole to bring coax out, but you need to route the coax to the radio thru the zippered lower compartment.