Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Pro-2052 Help

Reviews Summary for Pro-2052
Pro-2052 Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $299.99 Reg. Price
Description: 1000-Channel Dual-Trunking DeskTop Scanner
More info: http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F001%5F002%5F007%5F000&product%5Fid=20%2D432

You can write your own review of the Pro-2052.

W2LIE Rating: 4/5 Mar 9, 2007 21:04 Send this review to a friend
On Clearance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up the 2nd to last PRO-2052 today at the local RatShack for $76 with tax.
They are on Clearance for $69 a pop. Can't go wrong for that price! I may go back for the last one.

I rated it as good, since it does exactly what I needed with the data output. I needed to pull alpha tags for my radio feed. It works just like its Uniden cousins! And if it works like a POS, for $76, I got what I paid for! ;^)

KF6GOM Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2007 09:57 Send this review to a friend
Bargin at $69.97 Closeout Sale  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this scanner is a bargin at this closeout price.
Cat # 20-432.This has 1000 Channel Dual trunking Scanner, With coverage 25MHZ to 1.3GHZ.Sound audio is great with extra simple programing on the keypad.
The scanners sensitivity is excellent for what I use it for.Nice backlight for nightime usage.This will be my main scanner now.also i enjoy the 216-400 mhz coverage which many scanners at this price have.

TRUNKER Rating: 3/5 Nov 19, 2006 13:43 Send this review to a friend
Great Moto/EDACS trunking base scanner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The best feature I think is the ablility to trunktrack 20 systems at a time (and very fast) which is nice if you live in a big city. Not the greatest for pulling in signals but great for the city. Audio and backlight are adequate too.

The newer (my) model will trunktrack and scan simultaneously although the display for conventional is different than the display for trunking. There are also different key combinations for scanning and different key combinations for trunking.

Some of the nice features are: 50 channels per 20 banks, Military air, computer control, EDACS partial talkgroup ID's, trunking delay, priority talk group ID's, and Motorola status bit ignore.

A few thing I don't like about the radios are that they will not tune to any of the splinter frequencies in the VHF range (typical RS). The display won't show the bank number while receiving an ID. Does not show the receive mode of conventional frequencies. Pressing the HOLD button to pause in a search changes the search direction to up if you are searching down. No PROGRAM button so you have to start trunking or scanning to program anything and turn all the other banks off to catch the bank you want to program. You can select only 1 priority channel per bank and only in the first 10 banks.

KE5GBY Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2006 22:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Base Scanner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you are looking for a great BASE scanner for MilAir and Mot Trunking, this is the one!
1000 channels in 20 banks of 50 channels. I put all of my AIR frequencies in and also my local Mot Type 2 tunked system and this is one super desk top scanner. ESPECIALLY for $99! I use mine with the Scantenna and it picks up everything I want it to. I do wish it had an Ext. Sp. jack, but the internal speaker audio is awesome. Pick one up, you won't be disappointed.

N4UED Rating: 4/5 Aug 24, 2006 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Enjoyable easy to program scanner.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have enjoyed my scanner. It is very easy to program and takes up only a small foot print on my desk. I have only programed mine by hand. Radio Shack has come a long way. Mine was $99.97. This is a closeout price. Its quite a deal for those that want many channels for storage. I use the Radio Shack VHF/UHF outdoor base antenna. I use mine inside my house. It hangs from the ceiling and works well. I have Police/Fire and so on in seperate banks. I lock out local business frequencies at night when they are inactive. I recently purchased an Austin Condor handheld antenna for my scanner. I am going to use it with the PRO-2052. I am going to use a right angled bnc adaptor on the back of the scanner to make it work. The scanners sensitivity is excellent for what I use it for. As with every scanner its your location and the antenna that you use. Location/Antenna will determine your reception. I also use an external speaker with mine. The speaker I use is made by MFJ. The scanners speaker audio is a bit flat for my ears. The frequencies that the PR0-2052 cover are quite impressive. The scanner is easy for someone that is blind to program. I have a friend that is blind and he says that he got the hang of PRO-2052 quickly.

W2USB Rating: 4/5 Feb 19, 2005 20:09 Send this review to a friend
At $149.00 You would be crazy not to pick one up.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This radio is on sale at Radio Shack for $149.00
Original price was $400.00. I couldn't resist at the sale price so I picked one up. When I got it home I couldn't believe that due to a firmware update you can now scan trunked and conventional at the same time. I use this radio as a back up to my BC785D. For $150 you can trunktrack MOTO and EDACS analog. includes Mil Air, COMPUTER CONTROL, 1000 memory channels, wx alert, service search. Cons are no alpha tags,no CTCSS, no adjustable modes or steps. But for $150.00, You can not go wrong.

KF9MA Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2005 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Very nice scanner for the price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this scanner on sale at Radio Shack for $149. The unit now will scan both trunk and normal frequencies at the same time. Previously it did not.
Receive is great with it's own antenna.
I'm very happy with this purchase.

KC8YJO Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2004 10:45 Send this review to a friend
great scanner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a pro 2052 scanner. It took me awhile to figure out how to use it. Yes you can monitor regular freqs and trunk at the same time! You have to enter all group id's and put it in id scan mode. the manual tells you how to do this however read it carefully. it takes some time to get what they are saying. the only niggling point i have is that you can't do a direct search. otherwise a great scanner!

N1UMJ Rating: 4/5 Jun 19, 2004 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Good scanner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got this scanner back in January to replace my old one I think that was a PRO-2030 but not completely sure off the top of my head right now, this scanner works very well for me, the first one I got was defective and I had a fight with the idiot at the radio shack I got it from, he claimed the volume was supposed to be loud enough to blast some one out of the room no matter where it was set but after I told him a thing or 2 including how to do his job, he exchanged it for another one and this one has been great. I wish it had CTCSS at times, but over all that's not an issue and I really like the scanner. I'd probably buy another one if I needed one but this is fine. The built in speaker sounds great, I also wish it had a good external speaker jack, the head phone jack just can't drive my external speaker but the built in one is good so I don't miss it.

KMP61371 Rating: 4/5 Mar 27, 2003 02:40 Send this review to a friend
well working unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i was in need of a base scanner for monitering police and local area transmissions......"i have an icom r10 for my handheld use".......anyway.. the pro2052 seemed ta fit the bill...i was lucky i guess and found it on sale for 249.99 but still think its a bit pricey at that price.....you do get 1000 memory channels though as well as trunking capabilitie wich i wanted although you cant monitor both at the same time but oh well.......i find it receives well better than my r10 on the same base antenna..and i dont mind its lightweight i actualy prefer it......its speaker produces a nice rich tone quality as well....the 50 channel a bank is great as i had a unit some years back that had 100 channels a bank and thats a bit much for me.......i receive signals from stations 25 miles away on the stock antenna easily which to me is great ......