Reviews Categories | | Help

Reviews Summary for
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the .

N0GBR Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2005 19:34 Send this review to a friend
The best for my setup  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a situation that calls for an indoor antenna. I have a high angle roof and an atttic about 14' high. I've tried Isopoles, dipoles, loops, and an R7 (near ground mounted) vertical... all disappointing. I came across a review of this antenna here, on eHam and I thought it would be a good choice. While it did take over a month to get it after ordering I was pleased with the ease of assembly and adjustment (extra tweeking needed with indoor setup for best SWR). I have been very happy with the DX I've been able to work even in these 2005 poor conditions (126 countries in 7 mos.), all cw, usually 100 w. occasionally 200 w, but much of it QRP. I have the best antenna for my situation I am confident!

G4VZV Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2004 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Vertical Dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the Sigma 5 for some 12 months . I decided on this antenna because I'm short of space and don't want to give my neighbours reason to complain.
Let me firstly say that I have used 2 and 3 ele quads ,3 and 4 ele yagis all at 60ft. Well I thought this antenna might be a 'let down'.HOW WRONG I WAS. This antenna is simple to put together and performance..is quite remarkable. Ok,it's not got the gain of all those beams,but its got 'LOW ANGLE RADIATION'.Now that's good for DX. I'm on the bands daily....and there are many a station listening to my DX QSO's.When I've finished they call !!
Some tips about how to get the best from this antenna....place it in the clear away from buildings,fences etc if possible.Experiments show the best height above ground is between 4ft and 6ft.Any higher and the resonant frequency starts to alter and it exhibits more high angle radiation (not good for DX working).The feeder and control cables should drop at 45 degrees and mine go some 20ft from the antenna at this angle.There is no tvi etc . What I can say about overall performance is ....if there is propagation you will work the DX.I use 300-500Watts most times but when conditions are reasonable on the bands then you will work the DX.As for 'Pile ups' then I can hold my own and usually get called within 2 or 3 calls into the pile up !!! If and when this antenna gets old ....I will buy the sigma 5 GT. Should anyone want to see my antenna installation then check my callsign on QRZ.COM, for e.mail address...and I will e.mail photo's to you.

K6CJB Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2002 00:21 Send this review to a friend
Great vertical  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I put this antenna together in 10 minutes, taking my time. Works great - SWR is a bit off (proximity to the house) - I did not try to adjust SWR since I want to keep it to factory settings, but it doesn't bother me (about 700 KHz off). Tuner fixes this. I love this antenna - works great!! Strong recommendation. This is the best antenna in a long time, and I have built/played with a few in my 17 years of ham radio, in multiple locations and countries.

K6CJB (F5OCQ - F5OCQ/PA and others!)