Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | Timex Beepwear Help

Reviews Summary for Timex Beepwear
Timex Beepwear Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $29.00
Description: Watch that automatically sets itself from the Flex network instead of WWVB.

You can write your own review of the Timex Beepwear.

W9CW Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2003 21:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Watch & Value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased my Timex Internet Messenger watch six months ago, and couldn't be more pleased with the accuracy and reliability. I think I paid around $35 for the watch. It included a free 1 year SkyTel paging service, but I chose not to activate it. If I would have activated the service, it would function as a pager and allows e-mail messages sent to the watch. However, even without activating the paging service, it sends free news, sports, entertainment, and weather updates to the watch from the SkyTel paging services. The time is constantly being set by SkyTel's Flex system through local cell towers, and it's accurate, and traceable, to WWV. The watch uses a standard 675 zinc-air hearing aid battery, and the battery lasts around two to three months. When it fails, simply install a new battery, and the clock fully syncs to the FlexTime signal from the cell system, in a minute or so, and everything's set! It couldn't be easier. I've owned Atomic Watches before, and this is a much better system as the signal strength from the local cell system is always very strong. One heck of a watch for very little money.

Don Allen W9CW