Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | CommCat Help

Reviews Summary for CommCat
CommCat Reviews: 31 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95 d/l Demo d/l free
Description: DX/Logging program
More info: http://www.commcat.com

You can write your own review of the CommCat.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2014 09:33 Send this review to a friend
Here I am again  Time owned: more than 12 months
As you can see I wrote my last review about 8 months ago. And just got back on the air recently after an issue with the board of directors of my NYC co op apartment building. Antenna had to come down while they resurfaced the roof. The work is done but now they're debating whether to allow me back up there again (at 100'). I set up a nice compromise antenna in the tiny courtyard outside the back of the apartment and am back on the air. And back to using CommCat. What do I love about it? Other than the logging function I've come to enjoy the DX spotting window and how easy it is to filter for the spots I want. And then the Band Spotter is also visible in the same window where I can see where the signals are graphically. And sending spots is a snap and seeing them appear right away is fun. As I told Howard, I'm enjoying using CommCat as much as I enjoy operating.

K5HSV Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2013 18:37 Send this review to a friend
The Best Working Program Out There  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used HRD since Simon owned the company but after installing the latest version HRD 6.1 on my Windows 8 (64 bit) machine and trying to work out all of the bugs.. I gave Commcat 4.0 a try. Right out of the install, everything worked flawlessly with my Windows 8 system. The setup wizard made it a snap to get my rig setup. I tried the 30 day trial version to see how it worked for me. The price was right for me and I was lucky enough to get it when it was a reduced price. It would be nice if all of the functions worked on the demo edition such as automatic refresh of the DX Spot Manager and LOTW importing. The Kenwood, TS-590s responds seamlessly using a USB cable for controlling it. I should have listened to everyone here and made the purchase months ago. There's a lot of different aspects of this logging / radio control program that I am still learning. Thanks for building a program that actually works flawless. I don't mind paying for a product that works!!! Good By Ham Radio Deluxe... Hello Commcat 4.0.

EA3IN Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2012 02:40 Send this review to a friend
Great software. Expend sometime to understand how it works  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought CommCat sometime ago just to evaluate Commcat Mobile. It was ok but I didn't adopted Commcat 4 as my logging program.

Now, after a few problems with my current logger program, I decided to give CommCat a chance.

After testing it in depth I finally decided to change because its cool design and set of functionalities.

You need to expend sometime to understand how it works, but its is a great software.

Marcel / EA3IN

K9IUQ Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2012 04:54 Send this review to a friend
A Sleeper  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had been using Logic 8 logger forever but when I found out Logic got greedy and wanted $90 for the 9.0 UPGRADE I decided it was time to go with a more reasonable priced logger that would not rob me for updates.

I tried every logger that was Free or had a free demo. I wanted one that would enhance DX operating. The only loggers I liked was Commmcat and HRD. HRD 5.2 is still free and is probably the best free logger out there. However at this time it is still missing many thing I had gotten used to having with Logic 8. Enter Commcat.

Commmcat has been around for a long time. This means it is polished. It is well supported and is tuned for the DXer. Pretty easy to figure out and use. If you have any questions shoot Howard W6HN an email. He will hold your hand if necessary and not make you feel like a dummie while doing it.

Try the Commcat Demo for 30 days. You will buy it after finding out all the great features built in. At $50 and free updates FOREVER it is a great investment.

K9LZJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2012 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Great features  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After loading the software and having time to learn how this logging program works, I have become a big fan. It has all the features I need, and works very well with my K3. The DX spotting is just excellent, and gives you many ways to find and work new DX contacts. Commcat introduced me to MMVARI which I have found an excellent, and simple program to use of PSK and RTTY. They marry well.
Use the trial period and see what this program can do for your shack. 73, Hank K9LZJ

N6GY Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Great, and getting better  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been asked to be a beta tester and I help find the little bugs before the latest version is released. My goal is to "break" it. This has become harder and harder to find fault. Howard provides excellant support to all. I used another software program from elsewhere, and it has not been regularly updated, and now recently sold to new owners. I am not impressed with the other programs nuances. I'm sticking with CommCat.
Rick N6GY

ZL3HA Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2012 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Fully featured and great support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I dont normally offer an opinion on software or hardware until I've used it extensively for a period of 6 months or more - and I will update this review at that point. However I'm compelled to write this to urge anyone who is currently looking at Logging software to check out CommCat. Its extensive feature set and the support provided by Howard and the user community are second to none.

I've used logging and various station control software since the early 90's and this has been the best experience by far!
Grant, ZL3JG/ZL3HA

N4WVE Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2012 17:15 Send this review to a friend
Best logging program you can buy!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used CommCat for about a year now, and have to say it is the best logging program EVER! It has never crashed and has the flexibility to use all four of my monitors at the same time. I chase DX and CommCat has every tool I need to move quickly from band to band with full rig control for my FT-2000. Howard gives the best support of all the programs I have owned (and I have owned them all). He has even answered my questions on weekends and holidays! CommCat integrates with HamCap and DXatlas and has a very reliable band scope. All the windows are sizeable and moveable and can be placed anywhere you want. If you have questions about this great logging software, please email me any time with questions!

Greg N4WVE

W6NSA Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2011 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Software - Unbelievable Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you want to stuff an HF station in your iPhone, give CommCat and CommCat Mobile a try.

With just a couple of email messages Howard helped me get everything configured and running on a Mac and my iPhone.

My Icom IC-7200 is connected with a single USB cable to a MacBook Pro running CommCat on Windows XP in VirtualBox under Lion.

Should be lots of fun...

ZS6RJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2011 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, customizable and intuitive  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased CommCat as a replacement for my current logging software for which updates and support appear to be tailing off (Swisslog).

I expected I'd have to spend considerable time getting up to speed with the new software before adpoting it as my main logging system. Thanks to the logical layout of the menus, a very well written help system and great support from Howard and the CommCat Live forum I was proven wrong.

I spent more time having fun and playing with artwork for my QSL card designs than I did actually learning how to use the product. Great software!

73, Roger, ZS6RJ