Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Dentron Clipperton T Help

Reviews Summary for Dentron Clipperton T
Dentron Clipperton T Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Legal limit "T" 10-160M tuner

You can write your own review of the Dentron Clipperton T.

AB8KS Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2010 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Dentron Clipperton T  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got the Dentron Clipperton T a few years ago. It is a perfect tuner to use with my Clipperton L. They both work Great. Would Ebay them, but they are to heavy to fool with, as I do not do much HF anymore guess they will collect dust. These are great Dentron Tuners but are very hard to find as production was low. The Tag says sn 1000 and I was told by the former owner that it was the 100th made and Dentron added the extra zero to all the tuners, not sure if this is true or not.

K5YY Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2008 13:08 Send this review to a friend
Great heavy duty tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
These ARE, in fact, very rare. Estimates are of only 100-200 made. Immediate predecessor of the successful MT2000/3000 line. The cabinet is HEAVY, no cheap thin aluminum. Good points are the ability to bypass the 5 outputs and the inclusion of a 4:1 built-in balun. The vernier tuning capacitors are smooth, but on occasion you have to slightly push or pull the knob to get the turning going again. Never bothered to adjust the friction setting. The components are just as heavy duty as the MT3000 tuner, so 3KW peak should be no problem. I think $350 is a very fair price for these tuners on the used market but have seen one on eBay for $475! Overall I am happy with the wide tuning ranges of this tuner with its multiple tapped coil settings (A thru L) rather than fixed band inductance switching on most. A nice functional, rare accessory for the ham station.

NE0P Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2006 17:45 Send this review to a friend
A BIG tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Now this was a big tuner! Takes up lots of space in the shack. I ran one of these for awhile, but then the meter went bad. Sent it back to Dentron to fix it, and while it was there they went out of business. Never did get it back.

KI8FS Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2002 00:50 Send this review to a friend
Quality tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I believe this tuner is basically the same as the MT3000 just in a different box. I have only seen 2 of these in my life so I'm not sure if there are many out there. Other owners please write reviews!!! I searched the web over trying to find info on this tuner before I bought it with no luck. Needles to say the specs and design look to be the same as the Dentron MT3000. It does have the hefty 4:1 balun. Has yet to arc and tunes great!