Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Radio Shack MTA-20 Power/SWR Digital Meter Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack MTA-20 Power/SWR Digital Meter
Radio Shack MTA-20 Power/SWR Digital Meter Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$120.00
Description: Radio Shack MTA-20 Power/SWR Digital Meter Maximum power rating is 2000 watts. Reads average and peak power.

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack MTA-20 Power/SWR Digital Meter.

NJ6F Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2003 03:48 Send this review to a friend
A Choice Must Have Unit!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I liked mine so well I bought a second one for the car/portable operation.
Yes it reads from .5 watts to 2000 watts
Yes it is automatic ranging
Yes it is auto zeroing for immediate SWR readout
Yes it is accurate
Yes it is great for QRP operation.
Yes it takes 12 volts off a battery or supply
Yes it has a PEP meter that in the Peak position holds long enough to see a reading in SSB mode with a quick whistle or with the processor on. Some think it is too short but I beg to differ.
Yes it is attractive and display is nice and large.
A good overall value and attractively styled.
The auto zero SWR is great and power meter reads out in numbers and on a auto 0-200 scale simultaneously. What could be better for the price....used around $40-50. If I like it you will also.
Regards, Rich - NJ6F

KO4NR Rating: 4/5 Jul 11, 2002 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Good Value!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for about 6 years. I use it everyday and have never had a problem with it. It is very easy to set up and appears to be reasonably accurate. It consistently matches the Power Meter on my MFJ-989C tuner. In addition I know what my radio and amplifiers can put out as far as power so I can say for sure this meter is reasonably accurate.

You can buy a better Power/SWR meter but for what mine costs me I feel I got a very good value. Unfortunately this item has been discontinued by Radio Shack and you would have to look in the used market for one.
Bill