Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Cushcraft A270-6 Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft A270-6
Cushcraft A270-6 Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $130
Description: 2m/440 (3L/3L) yagi
More info: http://www.cushcraftamateur.com/

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft A270-6.

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2004 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for home or portable; Easy Assembly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased this antenna from HRO. This has the be one of the most cost and time effective 2m/70cm beams out there.

Unpacking:

The elements and mounting stem were safely packed in the box. The assembly hardware was sensibly separated in clear plastc bags.

Instructions:

Assmebly instructions were clear and concise and also included excellent diagrams that almost made any accompanying text unnecessary.

Assembly:

Following the clear instructions, assembly was very easy allowing for a one-time assembly without having to go back to change or adjust anything. Total time to assemble once everything was laid out on the floor was About 20 minutes. I'm sure if I hurried up and didn't take a phone call during the process it would have been done in even less time...

Performance. I am using this beam in a temporary location on a tripod and mast on my back deck with a Radio Shack TV antenna rotator. I have used it with both an 5w HT and 50w 2/m 440 base and it performs excellent. Despite it's smaller size, I find it's directiveness to be very sharp and precise with enough gain to be more effective than I anticipated.

Conclusion:

I would recommend this antenna to anyone who wants to add a beam for either protable use or at the base/home QTH. You could probably spend more money on larger beams, but I doubt the price/performance/necessity factors would justify anything more than the A270/6S

Here is the URL with the specs:

VR2ZRZ Rating: 4/5 Aug 5, 2003 09:23 Send this review to a friend
Cushcraft A270-6  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good in strength and easy installation. VSWR is low (1.18). The manual is a bit misleading as the ReddiMatch can not be tunned in real situation but it was said so in manual. Anyway trial and error.