Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | W9INN 40-80 METER DIPOLE Help

Reviews Summary for W9INN 40-80 METER DIPOLE
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $77
Description: DIPOLE TUNED TO YOUR CENTER FREQ
MADE BY BILL W9INN

You can write your own review of the W9INN 40-80 METER DIPOLE.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2009 17:51 Send this review to a friend
The Best 20-40-80M  Time owned: more than 12 months
Brought this antenna some years before Bill passed but never installed it untill 5 years ago. Have tried many antennas, but never had an antenna perform better than this 20-40-80M antenna, it must be the wire he used. The antenna still works as well as the day I put it up five years ago in the HOT AZ sun.

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2005 12:53 Send this review to a friend
super dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have my mpd-105 up for 17 years.I have 3 brand new ones in the closet.I worked many europe stations as well as JA kl7 and kh6 on 40.This antenna will last forever up in the air with no problems.Had to take it down to change the coax.Unfortunatly bill passed and will be missed by the ham community.rest in peace bill,we wont forget.73s

W2MSK Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2004 17:52 Send this review to a friend
High Quality Performer!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had numerous wire antennas over the years...G5RV's, Windoms, Folded Dipoles, long wires, etc and they all had problems. Either they were non-resonant, worked one day and not the next, succumbed to the elements and other such problems. I decided I needed a simple, quality antenna that would work dependably. I researched the designs and what was available commercially and came upon W9INN's products. The reviews were encouraging and decided to order the 40/80 model. I was somewhat surprised to receive a well made antenna (given the reasonable price) with a exceptionally detailed documentation package. I followed the installation directions (within reasonable limits) and the antenna proved to be within several hundred hertz of my requested center frequency and with spot on (under 1.5:1) SWR. I am very impressed with the attention to detail and the ultimate performance. I'm finally on 40/80 with good signal reports and I expect this antenna to last. Highly recommended!

N2LWY Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2004 10:56 Send this review to a friend
BEST 40/80 AROUND  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Best 40/80 around.
Came with everything and tune up just like W9IIN said it would.
Outstanding Antenna and Service.

KG4LRU Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2003 05:15 Send this review to a friend
great performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bill saves my butt again I tried manny antennas to run on 80 that would cover the Mars freq at the same time most even worked but what they do not tell you about some TVI problems that also come with some of the wiz bang antennas, I have owned several of Bills antennas They all worked as advertized. i run my 40 -80 dipole at 55 ft and guess what no more TVI and smoke detectors going off and I got all the band coverage thanks again Bill . Try it youll like it!

KC0KOC Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2002 07:55 Send this review to a friend
QUITE PLEASED  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The dipole arrived in about 3 weeks, packaged
very neatly along with several pages of
instructions and general antenna tidbits. Also
included was 100' of black dacron line and extra
wire if needed. I put it up going 4 ft higher
than I had told Bill. It came in at 1.3 to 1 on
my requested 40 meter freq but over 3 to one on the 80 meter freq. I then read the instructions
which said keep any branches abt 4 feet away from
the end. I went out and trimmed a couple of spruce tree brances back a few ft away from the end and I instantly had 1.1 to 1 at my requested
3.680 cw frq. He did include stubs off of the ends for tuning, but I did not need to tune it.
It is also very pleasing to my wife's ctrical eye with the black wire and black resonactors. I bounce around on 40 and 80 meter cw and never touch my tuner. I am very pleased with this antenna and would buy from him again.