Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond F-23A Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond F-23A
Diamond F-23A Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $137.95
Description: VHF Mono band Base/repeater omni antenna.
More info: http://rfp@rfparts.com

You can write your own review of the Diamond F-23A.

N7CW Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2014 15:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The bottom fiberglass section of the antenna arrived broken into 2 pieces. There was no evidence of shipping damage and the other 2 sections were tightly wrapped to the bottom one - it came from the factory like that. To make matters worse, I had waited 3 months to open the package. I spoke to Wayne at Diamond Antennas and he had a replacement in the mail the next day. And so far, the antenna is working as expected.

G4VEC Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2009 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Well Made, Good Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have only just installed this antenna about 3' above the apex on the roof of my house.This replaces the V2000 Diamond tribander which was 10-years old. Results so far are good, am hearing repeaters and simplex operators that I was not able to hear before. VSWR is as stated on the box, that is, below 1.5:1 when using 100-watts.The only negative comments I have is with the installation instructions.Cannot understand why the middle and upper elements have to be pulled out 3.9" before being secured using the set screws. I can see no reasons for these measurements,as these elements will be pushed back into shell when securing with joint brackets.(Or have I missed something?)

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2009 08:22 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my F-23A now for about 3 years.I bought it second hand from a friend for $75 & it was a GREAT deal.I do VERY little FM operating but when I do the F-23A does NOT let me down.It is mounted at 25 ft for now & with the 160 watts I run into it I can work repeaters all over the S.E. USA.I did work a station in Texas on SSB in 2007 when I thought I was on the SSB beam.GREAT antenna for the price NEW or USED! If I ever need another 2 meter ground plane I'll buy the F-23H that is now being sold since it will take up to 350 watts of power so it gives a little more head room for an amplifier.

Clayton
W4KVW

W4KG Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2008 11:59 Send this review to a friend
107 MPH wind and no issues  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my F23A over a year now. I live on a ridge line in central North Carolina where high wind is the norm in storms, Two weeks ago a tornado missed us by 1/4 mile. My Davis weather station recorded a gust of 107 MPH it is two feet below the F23A and it did not have any effect on it, This is why I give it a 5...
The only thing I would tell anyone is that when I put mine up, I used 247 lock tight on the fiberglass
connectors and the lock screw to the tube mount.
I can make contacts on repeaters over 150 miles away the antenna is 1300 msl / 30 feet off the ground. (msl = 1300 above sea level )

KMB01 Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2007 07:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I Got Diamond F-23A second hand... I needed a higher gain antenna to replace my cp22e, for use on my repeater. It made a big difference over-all over the cp22e. Nice fiber-glass made antenna, good gain..

Kabalikat Malaya Zambales

VK3HOT Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2006 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Greatt antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine second hand and set it up at 35 feet about 4 feet above metal roof line. Fantastic performer,can hit repeaters about 100 miles away with 10-50 watts. Great on simplex, although my QTH is slightly elevated. Construction easy, although had to modify screw which holds antenna to bottom tube due to stripped thread.Overall very impressed.

KA2UUP Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2005 11:52 Send this review to a friend
6 and 1/2 years and still working fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow has disabled this antenna. It is mounted on a Rohn 25 tower in Southern Massachusetts and can reach repeaters 50-75 miles away with 25-50 Watts. I just set it and forgot about it. I also can reach the ISS with the same power both on voice and packet.

W0TRJ Rating: 2/5 Nov 6, 2004 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Repaired  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I paid $110.00 about a year ago and was using it for a Ham repeater.

Well it was in the air about 60 feet and just last month the top element broke and I repaired
it with JB-Weld and slid 1/2" PVC pipe over the broken section and then taped the section joints.
It's working again.

I live in Minnesota and the highest winds we had this year were about 45 mph.

If I were going to buy a new antenna it would be a one section type.

W0TRJ 6 Nov 2004

K4GK Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2004 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Very good base ANT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used two F-23A's for the last five(5)years.
The first one was installed at a repeater site which I own, and the second one is installed at my home base station.

I have been very please with the service of this antenna.

It is easy to install, offers good performance, and is trouble free.

I would recommend the F-23A to anyone looking for a omnidirectional 2-meter VHF base station or repeater antenna.

LEIGH Rating: 2/5 Aug 21, 2004 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Problems  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have a F-23A which is not operational now. This is due to the same problem mentioned by the previous station. The antenna appeared to be slightly bent at the base. Mine went as far as totally burning out when the antenna bent over far enough to cause damage to the coil and capacitor in the base section.
The antenna did perform well as an antenna, but its now dead.