Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond F-23A Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond F-23A
Diamond F-23A Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $137.95
Description: VHF Mono band Base/repeater omni antenna.
More info: http://rfp@rfparts.com

You can write your own review of the Diamond F-23A.

W4CGP Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2004 11:16 Send this review to a friend
Super Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was my first base antenna and I have to say, I've been very satisfied with it. I was able to compare it against several other peoples' base antennas and this one by far outperforms them. I routinely make trips to repeaters over 60 miles away with the antenna mounted about 30 feet above the ground. I've also had moderate luck with this antenna doing SSB as well, though considering it is an omni vertical and most SSBers are using horizontally polarized beams, this isn't idea for it. But it works, and it works well.

More recently I helped another ham put up one of these antennas and he has enjoyed the same performance out of his as I have mine.

W8CRZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2003 02:14 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I really like this antenna. I picked it up used on a trade from a repeater owner.I cleaned it up and clearcoated it and threw it up about 35 ft.I live in a valley(central ohio)and this baby gets me real close to the border of my state in any direction. If this one ever goes I will not hesitate to buy another.

Anonymous Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2003 22:53 Send this review to a friend
Super Base Station Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I assembled this antenna and mounted it about 18 feet above the ground on my roof. It went together easily and has done a superb job receiving simplex signals all over San Diego County as well as repeaters from the Mexican border to Santa Barbara. I'm very impressed. Recommend this antenna as a fine all round FM base station antenna. Quality and performance are excellent.

KC2HIX Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2002 20:50 Send this review to a friend
Just went up, so far so good.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed, so far great signal in and out. simple installation, looks great and a good deal for $130 compared to x510 or x500. I took down my cp22, I wanted a little more db gain. I loved my cp22 but got an increase of about 1.5 to 2 signal strength outgoing. Very pleased so far, time will tell.

W6CQA Rating: 2/5 Jul 12, 2002 19:07 Send this review to a friend
Disappointment  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi: This is my second Diamond F-23A. The first one that I purchased several years ago was my first experiance with Diamond and I must say, I was very impressed with the fit and finish, along with good performance. In my 46 year ham radio career, I've owned many 2 meter antennas. This antenna not only performed well, it was a very attractive antenna. I had an occasion to purchase my second F-23A after I had sold the first one. After installing this antenna, I noticed a kink or "dog leg" at the base of the antenna, causing the antenna to lean. Bringing the antenna back down, I found that the fit of the die-cast base was not a precision fit into the 1 1/4" base mounting tube. Being anxious to get the antenna functional, cut a strip of aluminum from a coke can and used that as a shim. To further frustrate my situation, a recent "E" mail to Diamond, brought absolutely no response. So I guess if they don't care about customer satisfaction, I better try another company, like Hustler.