Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Periodicals | CQ VHF Help

Reviews Summary for CQ VHF
CQ VHF Reviews: 8 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $25.00/yr
Description: Devoted to the world above 50 MHz--sometimes far above!

You can write your own review of the CQ VHF.

KJ3P Rating: 2/5 Nov 24, 2013 04:39 Send this review to a friend
The Late CQ-VHF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Someone has to write this, so I elect myself...

CQ-VHF is probably a fine publication...if you can get it. I subscribed earlier this year (print edition) and asked that the subscription start with the Summer issue. It never arrived. E-mails to Circulation were never answered.

CQ-VHF's Web site still shows the Summer edition (as of Nov. 24), which indicates a big problem if the Fall edition is not available yet in late November!

Their main CQ Magazine (print edition) went through this over the summer with alleged problems with their printing/mailing contractor. CQ Mag is still arriving more than a week into the cover month, negating much of the Calendar info. Pointing me to their Web edition is not the answer; I paid for printed issues.

Frankly, these late or missing issues smack of larger problems. CQ Communications should come clean and give subscribers a real timeline to proper delivery (that is, arrival in the mailbox at least a week before the cover month). We'll understand, whatever the problems; keeping us in the dark solves nothing.

WB2AMU Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2012 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Good VHF magaine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This second incarnation of CQ VHF as a quarterly has been excellent in covering the different aspect of VHF, especially some in-depth articles by knowledgeable author of some of the propagation modes found on VHF, including Sporadic-E, TEP and F2. What many readers may not know is that the regular columnists write primarily as a labor of love since payment of articles is very slow by the publisher.

VA7AAX Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2009 21:32 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I read each issue cover to cover. Most magazines are geared towards HF, but rarely due we get to read a magazine that is focused on VHF. The technical level is also superb.

Thanks to CQ Comms for the great magazine!

KG4YJR Rating: 2/5 Dec 13, 2003 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Poor service standards.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
They started pestering me with renewal letters six months before my subscription was due to expire. I always get my issues about two weeks late after others have received theirs. For the high price of $5.62 per issue (subscription price) you'd think some effort would be made to get it to you on time. Especially when they have three months to do it. With CQ I was lucky to even get any issues at all. My QST and Monitoring Times always arrive on time and in good condition. CQ publishing definitely needs a better mailing contractor.

Dave

ICOMDUDE Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2003 03:10 Send this review to a friend
Two Thumbs Up !  Time owned: more than 12 months
FINALLY... a magazine that is geared towards us VHF/UHF operators! A GREAT read for those of us who are tired of the same-ol'-same-ol' HF operations.

OLDFART13 Rating: 0/5 Dec 12, 2003 21:08 Send this review to a friend
Useless  Time owned: more than 12 months
This magazine is a total waste of paper. I had subscribed to it for a year but when it ran up I decided to save my money and not waste it on this rag.

K9PO Rating: 4/5 Oct 10, 2003 15:56 Send this review to a friend
finally, again!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am diggin' it

KU4QD Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2003 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
The revived CQ VHF is excellent. It clearly is aimed not just at the newcomer, but at the seasoned VHF/UHF operator as well, with many excellent articles for the weak signal op. I just wish it would come out more frequently. Quarterly is just not enough.