Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Daiwa CS-201 coax switch Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa CS-201 coax switch
Daiwa CS-201 coax switch Reviews: 32 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $26.99
Description: 2 position manual coax switch rated 2.5kw auto grounding of unused terminal, 0.2db insertion loss
More info: http://www.natcommgroup.com

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CS-201 coax switch.

ON6AB Rating: 4/5 Oct 24, 2016 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Fair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well, my fellow-countryman ON5MF made me curious.
I have two of these switched which I put away long ago because indeed they had bad contacts.
I was listening on 40m with no conditions at all so I thought, why not dig them up and see what's inside.
ON5MF was right: if you screw your PL connectors on it with elephant-force, the contacts inside will turn and become misaligned.
Inside there are securing screws on the PL sockets of the switch to prevent just that. Guess what, they were all loose. On BOTH switches. One of the switches was still sealed so it was never opened.
With loose securing screws you can align the contacts perfectly by turning the PL sockets a bit and then secure them again. I tried with waterpump pliers, they wont turn if well secured.

I can imagine that after screwing-on a hundred coax cables, they finally get loose again.
So put some Loctite on these securing screws and I think you're safe for many a years.

Ok, they're not professional switches but they're NOT junk neither, if you treat them right.

ON5MF Rating: 0/5 Jul 3, 2016 02:49 Send this review to a friend
piece of junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
After some trouble with the switch a little while ago I put it in a drawer. Today, due to bad weather, I decided to open it and see if it could be fixed.
This is what I found inside: due to the rotation of the connectors both contacts inside the switch are not aligned correctly any more.
The switch has a 1kW rating but I guess with mine you'd get smoke signals at a few hundred watts.

VE7IG Rating: 1/5 Mar 8, 2016 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Questionable internal construction.  Time owned: more than 12 months
It has been my experience that most of these switches fail after a period of use. When removing a right angle connector from one of these it pulled the centre of the coax connector out with it, including the little contact block.
The contact fingers seem to move up and down on these eventually not making contact or only making partial contact. In others weak spring action makes poor or no contact and you lose one side of the switch until you take it apart and increase the spring action. In another case the finger connection to the coax connector rotated making contact on the edge instead of directly resulting in a burned contact. I've tried and abandoned several.

K5ACL Rating: 4/5 Feb 25, 2016 06:16 Send this review to a friend
Can't be beat for the price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using this coax switch for about 3 months to connect two HF radios to one feedline coming in the house. It provides 60db of isolation which I believe to be true. The switch is springy and has a nice solid click to it. Has some options to mount it as well with some screws. I have mine mounted under the desk. Can usually be found for less than twenty bucks.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2015 13:07 Send this review to a friend
the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
bought one on the advice of some older hams who told me about this beast...wayyyy better construction than other brands,its heavy,and is very well built with no bleed over from the other antenna port like my older and other brand switches... this is the best ive used in 30 yrs of radio

N8WGM Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2015 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first switch was this switch which I still use.

I now have two of these to allow the use of three antennas....a home brewed Hex Beam, an 80/40 meter Ultimax double bazooka and a 160 meter Ultimax bazooka antenna.

I like the 2.5 KW power rating and the switch is solid with no problems in almost 5 years of use.

If you are looking for a switch that just does what it is supposed to do, this is the one.

KC8Y Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2010 14:16 Send this review to a friend
best coax switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought three (3) of these switches-about 10 years ago, but only required two (2)...The other one is for extra...All switches have NEVER failed, they've worked at all times...Never a problem... Use two (2)transceivers and three(3)antennas... Best you can use when switching coax lines

M6CEB Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2010 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Excelent Switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fantastic very happy with mine bought it a few days ago very solid heavy item 2 thumbs up! Matt m6ceb.co.uk

VE2DWE Rating: 2/5 Apr 29, 2010 04:15 Send this review to a friend
finger problem also!  Time owned: more than 12 months

Just get one couple of years ago at a hamfest for 10$ and as often the switch was bad on one connector. I throw it away to discover today when i open it one metal contact finger was at the bottom of the case and grounded (same issue reported on another review).
I reposition the finger correctly and i now have a new working switch.

KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2010 22:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several in use for years with no problems unlike the mfj 2 position switches (6) that loose tension of the contact arms and get erratic to just BAD. Daiwa is the way to go.73 & GL Dave KI0Z..