Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Daiwa CS-201 coax switch Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa CS-201 coax switch
Daiwa CS-201 coax switch Reviews: 32 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $26.99
Description: 2 position manual coax switch rated 2.5kw auto grounding of unused terminal, 0.2db insertion loss
More info: http://www.natcommgroup.com

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CS-201 coax switch.

NL7W Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2008 05:01 Send this review to a friend
Diawa CS-201 Is Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my first switch for over 15 years, and have needed to clean (twice) the silver-plated contacts by burnishing them with a folded strip of paper. Three easily removed screws to inspect and clean the contacts... so what. Comparative digital ohmmeter throughput resistance (before and after burnishing) should easily prove cleaned contacts.

Other than that, they handle over 1 KW without a problem, and present excellent port isolation. The unused port is grounded.

I've just bought two more, and they are as good as my fifteen year old model. Buy with confidence, they are built well and perform as expected.

73.

VK2KC Rating: 0/5 Aug 29, 2008 23:40 Send this review to a friend
No warranty given  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the Daiwa CS-201 after a good run with its big brother the CS-401.
I used it mobile on 2m. I felt one day that something was very wrong with my RF output, so I checked the switch into a dummy load and it was very bad.
I pulled the back off and found tha the leaf contacts had dropped down and were shorting against the case of the switch. I machined up a piece of PTFE and fitted it to stop any further shorting out. When I moved them back to the correct position I noticed that where the fingers are connected to the SO239 output connectors (A & B) that the nuts were very rusty. Using a multimeter to check for continuity it showed an open circuit. I contacted the dealer from whom I had made the purchase here in VK land, but they have declined to entertain any warranty obligation. I strongly suspect that my switch is a cheap Asian "knock off" and not the real McCoy. I would like to take this matter up with Diawa, does anyone know of any contact details for the Company? All I get on Google is a heap of fishing reel hits!

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2007 10:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent coax switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these switches. The first is about 25 years old the second is brand new. They are both perfect.

I have one of them mounted on my wooden desk. The switch has 3 countersunk mounting holes for this purpose and wood screws are provided. Two of the mounting holes can be seen in the photo. The third hole is on a swing out bracket in between the two coax connectors.

N8LTD Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2007 00:53 Send this review to a friend
Both work great.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have one on the HF/6m side of the Yaesu 857d. The other one is for the 2m/440 side of the radio. Never had a problem with either. My only gripe is I wish all 3 of the SO-239s were facing the same way. That would make for a neater base station installation.

KI4CRA Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2007 12:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna Switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Daiwa CS-201 was the FIRST antenna switch I bought when I became active again in this hobby, it is still in use to this day. Currently I use it for my Cubex King BeeII 6 & 2 meter quad, as the antenna requires 2 feed lines, this thing is still going strong. I have a couple of other switches 1 the mfj 1701 4 pos. ant. switch and a B & W 5 pos. switch, that is currently sitting in my drawer. I would if the need arises purchase another one of these well constructed antenna switches.

Mark AI4HO

NE4EB Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2007 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've run three of these for years. Took Alpha-78's 1.5 KW with no problems. A great switch and zero concerns or issues.

KG6AMW Rating: 4/5 Feb 11, 2007 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Good Switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a good switch, but the switch got a flaky on one side and the signal intermittent. I took the switch apart (the screws to take the back off are under decals) and the cooper strap was slightly off and contact with the post was weak. I bent it back and cleaned the contacts and now it works fine -- its not a heavy duty cooper strap. The side not in use does ground. The isolation for coax not in use works fine.

VK3MDD Rating: 4/5 Sep 27, 2006 05:55 Send this review to a friend
inside surprised me  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
worked fine,however I was surprised as to the flimsy copper strap inside that I rely upon to get my rf out efficiently

KG6WLV Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2006 03:06 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned one for about a year. Nice positive feel and a heavy case. A good buy.

W7DDD Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2006 17:12 Send this review to a friend
No problems here  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have 4 or 5 I bought at hamfests over the years. Checked each when I got it home, then opened them up, lubed 'em, cleaned the contacts, just a general tune-up. Work fine for years; don't even know they're there - except when I foul up and forget to switch radios or antennas, that is! (Wondered why I was getting such lousy signal reports on 75 meters - aw shucks, using my 10 meter vertical. Dumb!Dumb! Dumb!)