Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna
Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna Reviews: 30 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $169.95
Description: Triband base antenna. 2m/1.25m/70cm (145/220/440)
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/base.html

You can write your own review of the Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna.

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2014 13:33 Send this review to a friend
5+ years of solid performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an update from my review in January of 2009. As of last night, the VSWR performance of this antenna is still within a few percent of when I installed it 5 and a half years ago. My analyzer will only let me check resonance up to 180MHz, but it was still close to the same resonance points as 2009. I was only able to check the 222MHz and 440MHZ bands with a VSWR meter. What maintenance have I done? Other than going up on the roof and lowering the mast to visually inspect the antenna twice a year, none!

K4QE Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2013 12:38 Send this review to a friend
5 Years and Counting  Time owned: more than 12 months
My CX-333 was easily assembled and readily mounted upon a tripod with ten foot mast on my roof at 45 feet AGL. It performs as expected on all three bands fed through a Comet CFX-324 triplexer. It has endured several severe storms with nary a wimper. Hard to go wrong with this one.

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2013 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Rugged & Holds Up Great !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my vertical up over a year. It has withstood 70 MPH winds last winter in a blizzard we had not to mention strong gusty winds this summer during violent thunder storms. It is 50 feet up in the air at the base.

It has a decent SWR on all 3 bands while it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I highly recommend it!

Bill/K1FPV

W9BBB Rating: 3/5 Sep 15, 2013 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Works good but very poorly designed   Time owned: more than 12 months
Works ok but very cheap metal and probably would not last long mounted above 50 feet. Metal very thin and bolt holding mast to base will shear out in a couple of month

KK4KBS Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2013 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I also have the CH-333 tribander. Extremely easy to put together ( like 20 minutes). Light weight attached to a roof vent pipe. I get into repeaters 155 miles away no problem in the early evenings. SWR pretty flat. Packed well in a thick, heavy tube by HRO. It fun to tune around the VHF / UHF bands and look for far away repeaters to jump into.

KB6LED Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2013 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great antenna just replaced a Diamond X50 that I had on both VHF and UHF repeater with the CX333 night and day difference, very happy with it.

PU2NBU Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2013 08:11 Send this review to a friend
The V/U Triband "Queen"   Time owned: more than 12 months
easy to assemble, lightweight, almost invisible;

mine is 36 feet from ground in a 2 meter long/2 inches diameter alluminum mast fixed in the roof's edge at the rear of the house;

entirely wind proof, it seems will last forever;

outstanding signal reports both TX / RX;

very practical and convenient installation having just one coaxial cable connected to comet triplexer CFX-324 dividing simultaneous bands to 3 dedicated rigs: Icom 2200H, Alinco DR235TMKIII and Yaesu FT7900R;

Do not look further! Is is a Keeper !!

NJ3T Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2012 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I must say that I did not expect this antenna to last. Especially in our situation. I am using this antenna on a 2m packet radio node which includes a backbone node on 220 mhz. We put this antenna and system up almost 15 years ago and it is still working fine! It is on top of a 180 foot tower on the highest mountiain top in PA. Winters are rough especially with ice build up. Check out the system build here: http://www.k3smt.org click on the left hand button labeled MT. DAVIS PACKET.

K8CPA Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2012 12:06 Send this review to a friend
I must say, I am impressed!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have admit, I am impressed. I've had this antenna for about 4 years now. But, I just recently got the pea-picking thing in the air. It's up at 40 FT and fed with Belden 8214 Coax and, I must say, I can hear everywhere! (well, not everywhere everywhere...But pretty darned close!)

I can hear Ohio without any trouble. As for south as Columbus, Ohio (During openings...) I can hear over as far away as Chelsea, Michigan and Fenton, Michigan.

My next project will be to get new guy wires for the tower and get some LMR-600 and feed it with that!

So, it's worth the money spent. I just need the tri-plexer and get the 220 and 440 rigs and a good vhf-uhf meter.

So, yes, if you are looking for a decent antenna for the three bands, I can recommend this one.

W8STU Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2011 14:31 Send this review to a friend
GREAT TRI-BAND ANTENNA  Time owned: more than 12 months
Greetings,

I have had this antenna for over five years. I mostly use it for 220 Mhz. band. I have a GP-9 for 2/70 CM. This antenna has worked flawlessly. I can get into repeaters 45 miles away full quieting. This is great antenna and would highly recommend it. 73, Stu de W8STU