Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna
Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $169.95
Description: Triband base antenna. 2m/1.25m/70cm (145/220/440)
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/base.html

You can write your own review of the Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna.

KB6LED Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2013 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great antenna just replaced a Diamond X50 that I had on both VHF and UHF repeater with the CX333 night and day difference, very happy with it.

PU2NBU Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2013 08:11 Send this review to a friend
The V/U Triband "Queen"   Time owned: more than 12 months
easy to assemble, lightweight, almost invisible;

mine is 36 feet from ground in a 2 meter long/2 inches diameter alluminum mast fixed in the roof's edge at the rear of the house;

entirely wind proof, it seems will last forever;

outstanding signal reports both TX / RX;

very practical and convenient installation having just one coaxial cable connected to comet triplexer CFX-324 dividing simultaneous bands to 3 dedicated rigs: Icom 2200H, Alinco DR235TMKIII and Yaesu FT7900R;

Do not look further! Is is a Keeper !!

NJ3T Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2012 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I must say that I did not expect this antenna to last. Especially in our situation. I am using this antenna on a 2m packet radio node which includes a backbone node on 220 mhz. We put this antenna and system up almost 15 years ago and it is still working fine! It is on top of a 180 foot tower on the highest mountiain top in PA. Winters are rough especially with ice build up. Check out the system build here: http://www.k3smt.org click on the left hand button labeled MT. DAVIS PACKET.

K8CPA Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2012 12:06 Send this review to a friend
I must say, I am impressed!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have admit, I am impressed. I've had this antenna for about 4 years now. But, I just recently got the pea-picking thing in the air. It's up at 40 FT and fed with Belden 8214 Coax and, I must say, I can hear everywhere! (well, not everywhere everywhere...But pretty darned close!)

I can hear Ohio without any trouble. As for south as Columbus, Ohio (During openings...) I can hear over as far away as Chelsea, Michigan and Fenton, Michigan.

My next project will be to get new guy wires for the tower and get some LMR-600 and feed it with that!

So, it's worth the money spent. I just need the tri-plexer and get the 220 and 440 rigs and a good vhf-uhf meter.

So, yes, if you are looking for a decent antenna for the three bands, I can recommend this one.

W8STU Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2011 14:31 Send this review to a friend
GREAT TRI-BAND ANTENNA  Time owned: more than 12 months
Greetings,

I have had this antenna for over five years. I mostly use it for 220 Mhz. band. I have a GP-9 for 2/70 CM. This antenna has worked flawlessly. I can get into repeaters 45 miles away full quieting. This is great antenna and would highly recommend it. 73, Stu de W8STU

PY2FI Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2011 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Antenna works fine and have additional advantages to repeater  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this antenna since 2000.We have three repeaters in the city of Campinas, São Paulo State - Southern Brazil. We operate in 144MHz(PY2KAA), 220MHz(PY2KAB) and 440MHZ(PY2KFI) with a triplexer using the same Comet CX-333. The three repeaters coexist peacefully, and the antenna is located in a tower of 78 feet. The site has several large interferences from TV stations operating on VHF, and several other FM stations. The interfrence is so heavy that, when I arrive at the place, is impossible to turn on the car alarm with the remote control.When I have installed the antenna, I realized a very interesting phenomenon, because the band of 144MHz was free from any interference, quite silent. Even when connecting a radio or other, as a whole often had FT8800, no interference. So, I tested an antenna that is 10 meters down, a Comet GP-3, and interference with 144MHz was 9 +50 S-meter on the radio. With this antenna could remove the VHF filter from DCI, allowing more sensitive and fully operational. Just over six months ago we had a problem with it, still need to figure out, since it stopped working without any lightning or thunderstorm. Possible problem of solder in the connector as reported by another colleague. If you have already noticed this phenomenon in this antenna, please report it to us. These days I wrote to the COMET sale's team , it may be an important untapped sales appeal. There must be some technical explanation for it. In other hands, this antenna is very special to work with repeaters in a site with too much RF around. Greetings from PY2FI Fábio Silveira Bueno, amateur since 1978 in Brazil.

KE4KJB Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2010 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Just keeps going and going!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The CX-333 has been up for 15 years and still going strong. Hadn't used it in a number of years and found the SWR on 2M was over 5. Problem was poor solder joints on PL-259. Once that was fixed got SWR in the middle of 2M of 1:1 and on the edges no greater than 1.5:1. Built like a tank and has been through many hurricanes. Have no doubts it will still be working 15 years from now. Not cheap but worth every cent!

KD8BIW Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2010 23:31 Send this review to a friend
GReat antenna, even for repeater use!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this antenna to use as a temporary repeater antenna. Installed on top of our 180 tower and it never looked back! Used it with the Comet triplexer and hooked to our 220 and 440 repeaters and performance was impressive, more than we expected with this type of antenna. It has survived several Ohio winters, and even a tornado or 2! We actually left it up there for several years before replacing it with a 440 monoband!

K2WH Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2009 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very good antenna, and instead of using the cheap tri-plexers such as MFJ and others, I use and Austin Antenna tri-plexer. Measuring the SWR going into the other tri-plexers was lousy. Going to Austin, put the SWR flat.

Great antenna though.

K2WH

KI4UCO Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2009 06:44 Send this review to a friend
Very good antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced a Jetstream JTB5 (see that review) with this antenna and wow, what a difference! Not only could I hit a certain distant 222mhz repeater again, but a couple new ones as well. The performance on 144mhz is much improved also. I can pull in some distant simplex stations that I couldn't hear before. The VSWR is excellent across all 3 bands. A very good antenna indeed!