Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna
Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $169.95
Description: Triband base antenna. 2m/1.25m/70cm (145/220/440)
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/base.html

You can write your own review of the Comet CX-333 Triband Base Antenna.

KE4KJB Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2010 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Just keeps going and going!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The CX-333 has been up for 15 years and still going strong. Hadn't used it in a number of years and found the SWR on 2M was over 5. Problem was poor solder joints on PL-259. Once that was fixed got SWR in the middle of 2M of 1:1 and on the edges no greater than 1.5:1. Built like a tank and has been through many hurricanes. Have no doubts it will still be working 15 years from now. Not cheap but worth every cent!

KD8BIW Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2010 23:31 Send this review to a friend
GReat antenna, even for repeater use!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this antenna to use as a temporary repeater antenna. Installed on top of our 180 tower and it never looked back! Used it with the Comet triplexer and hooked to our 220 and 440 repeaters and performance was impressive, more than we expected with this type of antenna. It has survived several Ohio winters, and even a tornado or 2! We actually left it up there for several years before replacing it with a 440 monoband!

K2WH Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2009 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very good antenna, and instead of using the cheap tri-plexers such as MFJ and others, I use and Austin Antenna tri-plexer. Measuring the SWR going into the other tri-plexers was lousy. Going to Austin, put the SWR flat.

Great antenna though.

K2WH

KI4UCO Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2009 06:44 Send this review to a friend
Very good antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced a Jetstream JTB5 (see that review) with this antenna and wow, what a difference! Not only could I hit a certain distant 222mhz repeater again, but a couple new ones as well. The performance on 144mhz is much improved also. I can pull in some distant simplex stations that I couldn't hear before. The VSWR is excellent across all 3 bands. A very good antenna indeed!

K0KS Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2008 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Hurricane Ike Survivor !  Time owned: more than 12 months
My CX-333 is top-most on the tower at 80 feet to the connector. The anemometer on the tower lost it's cups at 108 MPH. There's no permanent damage and it works well with good SWR on all 3 bands. I use a CFX-324 triplexer and use all 3 bands simultaneously. I suspect that it was not very vertical at 108 MPH !
The instruction sheet is terrible and customer service is scarce but the product itself is excellent.

KE5UMD Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2008 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Easy install & works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed my CX-333 about 20' off the ground. Its lightweight, and a breeze to assemble, I was up and running in less than an hour. My signal reports have improved from barely readable to great signal! I would recommend this antenna to a friend! On the receive side improvements from S-9 to +20 over!

W4HKL Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2008 17:51 Send this review to a friend
Works As Advertised  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As stated in previous reviews, this antenna works great through a triplexer. 2 meters works as well as any previous antenna I've used at this QTH and I work more 220 and 440 machines with this antenna than with several monoband antennas I tried out before biting the bullet and shelling-out for the CX-333.

The construction is solid and the antenna "feels" like it would take quite a bit of punishment before it would fail.

I recommend this antenna.

Steve, W4HKL

W4GLX Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2007 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a good Triband antenna, i checked out the Great reviews it got (5.0) decided to Buy one, & its like every one said it East to Put together and Flat SWR... You cant go wrong with this Antenna

KG8Q Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2007 15:07 Send this review to a friend
Happier than a pig in a hogwash  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought the antenna new and plays great. I have it at 52' fed with Andrews 7/8" hardline. Construction is as you would expect with antennas of the type. Everything fit together very well, no suprises. Swr meter doesen't even move on 2 of the bands with perfect 50 ohm load at res. freq. I would buy another in a heartbeat if needed .

KC9CWB Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2006 07:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently installed the Comet CX-333 atop my tower at about 40 feet and this would place the top of this 10 foot tall antenna at 50 feet. It allows for transmission and receive quite well. Using my ht jumpered to the 9913 feed line, I recently listened to a storm net about 75 miles away near where my parents live. This week I participated in a net on 220 with the repeater about 20 miles away. The net operator was surprised to learn I was using a 5 watt ht because of the excellent quality of the tranmission. This Comet antenna has a good reputation and good gain. It is white except the small radials which are silver. I look to buy equipment that others have had high success with. Also, for these three bands it is important to install a very low-loss feed cable. In summary, this is a top of the line tri-band vertical with good gain!