Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4 Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4
Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4 Reviews: 88 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $79.99
Description: Coax switch with lightning surge protection.
More info: http://www.alphadeltacom.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4.

W9BB Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2017 06:42 Send this review to a friend
Good Quality Switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had both the 3 position and the 4 position switches, solid, easy switching and no issues. No noticeable cross talk/bleed over as compared to many of the B/W Switches....I would get one any time without reservation....

N6BIZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 20:03 Send this review to a friend
GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 5. Of these switches .only one has given me trouble ,very easy fix .just a realignment

KT4EP Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Great product w/one exception  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my switch two years, now, and the only problem I have is when I switch to position number 2, sometimes I have to "jiggle" it to get it to connect properly. I noticed this when I was working JT65 and switching between antennas that sporadically, there was no signal until I tapped or jiggled the switch. I haven't taken it apart and for now do not intend to. I would buy another one if needed.

WC4R Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2017 08:30 Send this review to a friend
No failure  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use two of these. One for radios, one for antennas. I've switch them back & forth countless times for many years and they have preformed flawlessly.

N2DY Rating: 1/5 Feb 28, 2017 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Poor Design  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like several others, the switch developed a dead position. I opened it up and was shocked at the very poor design. The contacts use a piece of very weak and bendable ribbon wire. That ribbon moves and bends over time and makes poor contact. Worse, it has a tendency to leave more than one position connected at times, a very bad thing for those that use the switch to switch in different radios rather than to switch different antennas. I was disappointed since i am a big Alpha Delta fan. Believe it or not, the new MFJ Rhino antenna switch is of better design and quality. I replaced my Alpha Delta 4 position with one of those and no issues at all.

N0YXE Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2017 10:20 Send this review to a friend
THE STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the Alpha Delta 4 for many years. No problem and lots of peace of mind with its built in protection. I am buying my second one today for another station.

DXSHORTWAVE Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2016 14:00 Send this review to a friend
No problem changing coax  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used the DELTA switches for over 20 years and have no problem loosing and changing coax, even when switch is screwed down. If the PL-259s are not too tight, just twist thumb and forefinger across the top of the arc on the top side of the connectors. If the PL-259s are real tight, just a small slip jaw across the same arc will do it. Have changed many cables over the years.

NY2KW Rating: 1/5 Dec 21, 2016 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Non-Ergonomic $#@&*^  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 3 of these switches and used them for years. They are fine if you install and never need to change coax but they are the WORST design ergonomically. They have to be screwed down flat and there is absolutely no space for normal sized fingers to get in and loosen or tighten PL-259 connectors. What a royal PITA that puzzles me why I have put up with it for so many years. There are now many relay multi - switch small units that work great (check out ebay for simnple, inexpensive DYI PCB boards) that these switches are at the end of their functional life IMHO. Either update them or face the inevitable.

VE6ND Rating: 1/5 Mar 8, 2016 05:08 Send this review to a friend
Failed after 1 year  Time owned: more than 12 months
Why this thing failed is a mystery. Position one was showing attenuation and I was getting RF in the shack from my 2 meter Oscar up link. How this manifested itself is beyond me, maximum power is about 170 watts on terrestrial work.
Waste of money and if not checked I wouldn't have guessed my RX was being attenuated by 15dB.
Now position 3 is bad.
Junk.

AB4D Rating: 4/5 Dec 1, 2015 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Good Switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've ran three of these switches in my station for the last several years. For the most part they work fairly well. I had one of the switches give me a problem with non contact on one of the positions. I took the switch apart and found the mechanism is of a pretty simple design. The switch was easy to repair and is working fine now. I certainly believe, that the mechanism could be improved using more heavy duty components. Nevertheless, the switch body is of a good design and provides good isolation. I think for the price, it's a good switch.