Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4 Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4
Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4 Reviews: 80 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $79.99
Description: Coax switch with lightning surge protection.

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta 4 Position Antenna Switch Delta 4.

KY4TS Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2014 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Rock solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very heavy duty. I ran a series of tests on this unit and found negligible signal loss and no perceivable change in VSWR from 1.8MHz thru 52MHz. Your mileage may vary.
KT4EP Rating: 4/5 Feb 14, 2014 18:15 Send this review to a friend
Seems OK and solid   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received. I have a few other Alpha Delta products and like the construction and quality of their products. This unit seems "heavy duty" compared to the old MFJ 1702B switch I have used for years. I like all the connectors on one side of the unit although I have it "upside down" mounted on a board so as to route all the coax to it and let them hang down. The ground screw then is on the top side, a bit awkward but works out OK.
W9HAM Rating: 2/5 Apr 10, 2013 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Switch For Sale  Time owned: more than 12 months
Only 13 months old. Position four no longer works though. Sent in to Alpha Delta for repair and is still the same. The other three positions still work great!
K6USN Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2013 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Many years of solid service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Alpha Delta two and four position
coax switches in my shack for many years and have never had a failure. Some of the early models had loose switch handles which required occasional tightening. My newer ones don't have a problem with switch handles loosening.

I am very happy with this product from Alpha Delta and would recommend them over their competitors of similar price. If you want to spend several hundred dollars and buy a Bird model switch you might notice a difference in
the mechanics but to me that's overkill for my purposes.
KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2013 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
when ever we buy anything we roll the dice and HOPE we get a good unit..! however some brands have less than accepiable Quality. we all know of some brands that are risky. This one has been excellent for me for 9 years with no problems . I wish I could say that for the 3 letter brand swithes. I had 7 ea that all went bad (JUNK). GL&DX

W8RXX Rating: 3/5 Apr 4, 2013 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Bad posistion #1  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Right out of the box posistion #1 was dead.
It was returned under warranty to the job shop that makes them for Alpha Delta and it was returned working with no explanation what was done. It only took a week. I'll wait and see if it lasts befor placing judgement...
AI4HO Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2013 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Works for me  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have only had my Alpha Delta 4 position antenna switch for a few months now, 6 months I guess. I have found no issues what so ever with this switch, seems to work FB for my needs. Coincidentally, this Alpha Delta switch replaces an MFJ 4 position switch I had had in place for over 8 years. If I can get 8 years out of the Alpha Delta, then I'll consider it a good switch. Until then, we wait and see, use it normally.
K9MHZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2013 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Great item!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Man, I couldn't disagree more with the previous review. Alpha Delta makes fabulous switches, as they include very stout switching contacts, lightning arresting plugs, and the paths to the individual N or SO-239 sockets are internally isolated by the integral die casting. The switching is solid and positive. This is a great product line....I can't imagine what would have prompted the previous review of them.
W5GW Rating: 2/5 Mar 17, 2013 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Not a great switch  Time owned: more than 12 months
A new switch had a dead position. Since it had sat on my shelf for more than 2 years, it was out of warranty so I opened it up. Very surprised at the contacts, they are relying on a piece of ribbon wire to make 'edge' contact. The problem with the bad position was poor alignment with the contact. Easily bent to make contact. Poor design and poor quality control. Would not buy another one.
K1PJR Rating: 3/5 Mar 17, 2013 05:35 Send this review to a friend
Jury is in  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got my switch back from AD and it is better but the switching still feels a bit cheap. It works but the shaft still wobbles a bit. I guess it's just the design. It would be nice if they could incorporate a traditional rotary switch into their design. I wouldn't buy another unless I could try it out first.