Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Astron VS-70M Help

Reviews Summary for Astron VS-70M
Astron VS-70M Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$349
Description: 57 amp cont. 70amp surge 13.8 vdc power supply w/adjust. current limit, adjust. voltage, volt/amp meters.
More info: http://www.astroncorp.com

You can write your own review of the Astron VS-70M.

K6MTS Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2014 06:57 Send this review to a friend
A good kind of overkill  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Likely more than I'll ever need but I like having the reserve as opposed to being near the limit for power requirements. Very quiet electronically and audibly.
My only gripe, if you can call it that, is the rocker switch seems like it should be indexed the opposite way. Boo Hoo, I can fix that if need be. It excels in all areas and has a nice look with the illuminated meters and switch.
Another piece of gear I will have for decades.

W2ZOU Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2011 08:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have to admit, I have not pushed this supply to even 50% capacity. If you like good quality equipment, you will love this. Real professionally made. Massive heat sinks. Huge fan. Fan has not come on yet.
If you need a big supply, get this one.

AB4D Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2011 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Still going strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is just an update to my October 2007 review. Well after almost 4 years in service, the power supply is still working great. I still highly recommend the Astron supplies. I own two, and both are working as they should.

N9LBW Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2009 01:40 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
This power supply works great like every other Astron Power Supply that I have owned. I have used it to for Kenwood TS-480HX Radio with no problems and also for 400 Watt 2 Meter Amp, with the same results.

K5HSV Rating: 2/5 Jul 24, 2007 21:43 Send this review to a friend
Two Duds!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've own two of these linear power in the past two years. Both purchased from HRO. The first one arrived and blew fuses without anything being attached to it or power applied. I sent it back and received another one in a few days. Placed it on the work bench and plugged in my TS-480HX, which requires 40amps to obtain 200watt full out put. It worked flawlessly. I only use it for when I work on my rigs away form the shack.

Now a after the warranty has expired, the power supply will not even put out enough amps to keep the TS-480HX from browning out. I placed the rig to my PS-53 with no such problem. I get the same issue when I plug in my TS-2000.

I called Astron and received a tech that spoke such poor english I just gave up and now I'm going to dig into it my self and see what the problem could be. Astron, this is not your quality that I've heard so much about. I wish I could give the same report others here have. I do realize once in a while you get a dud but two in a row... What is the chance of that?

I'll re-do my review after I find the problem.

Paul - K5HSV

K4LOG Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2002 01:36 Send this review to a friend
Reliable Brute, hard at work since '96  Time owned: more than 12 months
What more can I say.. I have worked this supply very hard at times, sometimes to the point I didn't think the cooling fan would ever shut off. I can say other than unplugging it to move location, I never shut it down. It has been a my sole supply in the shack now for quite a few years, I also route the output to my garage workshop. Without a glitch, this BRUTE never disapointed or let me down once!!! Can't say that for the other equipment I've owned.

Hands down Astron will always run my equipment!!

KE4KVW Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2002 19:54 Send this review to a friend
GREAT SUPPLY  Time owned: more than 12 months
I OWNED THE SUPPLY FOR OVER A YEAR AND USED IT TO RUN A 400 WATT 2 METER AMP AND IT NEVER GAVE ME ANY PROBLEM.I DID RUN IT HARD AND IT TOOK THE HEAT! WONDERFUL PIECE OF GEAR!!!!!