Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Behringer VX-2000 Ultra-Voice Processor Help

Reviews Summary for Behringer VX-2000 Ultra-Voice Processor
Behringer VX-2000 Ultra-Voice Processor Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: The Ultra-Voice is a high-end signal processor designated to meet all of your vocal processing needs. With a mic preamp, equalizer, compressor, expandergate, de-esser and tube emulation on one single reck space. Ideal for Hamradio with german quality and affordable price.
More info: http://www.behringer.com

You can write your own review of the Behringer VX-2000 Ultra-Voice Processor.

AK4QA Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2013 01:33 Send this review to a friend
Shame that its no longer made.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Apex studio mic that is controlled via foot switch because I'm a bi-lateral upper arm amputee. Fingers are wonderful things, just wish I had a few more than 3. hihi
All the other reviews tell the story and its a great box with the addition of being able to 'chain' other devices in line.
The only thing I would add is a note to hams that need mic level inputs to their rig. The 2000 can do that without an external -db pad. Just use the 'RECORDING' input on back for your output.
Toss the att pad over your shoulder and you should be set.

73 all,
Lee
AK4QA

N2DTS Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2010 08:19 Send this review to a friend
very good for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its no longer made, but you can get a used one most likely. For an all in one box, its great, plug in a mic and go.
I run AM, homebrew tube rigs, and the only thing it does not do is asymetrical limiting to allow positive modulation to go where it will and limiting the neg modulation to prevent splatter.
Otherwise, its got a line and mic input (line in for tape player to play recordings back), phantom power for microphones, a good noise gate that does not just cut off, it reduces the gain(adjustable set points and gain)so it sounds transparent, a very good compressor/limiter, a good voice range EQ that is good enough to get you sounding nice, an adjustable de esser which works somewhat, or, its more designed for PA or recording situations, not radio where the highs are limited at lower frequencies.
Its got some tube emulation that I don't use.
One nice feature is a mic phaze reverse button on the front panel.

Its small, RF proof, has balanced ins and outs, and lots of flashing lights (very important).

You can likely get one for $75.00 or less, beer and pizza money if you like cheap beer...

VE3TMT Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2006 18:31 Send this review to a friend
Great value for the money!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am using the VX-2000 in conjuntion with my PEQ-2200 parametric EQ and I am very satisfied with the results. The VX-2000 features a mic preamp, a 48V phantom power supply for condensor mics, noise gate, compressor, voice enhancer (basic EQ) and a de-esser all in one package. It easily drives the PEQ-2200 with tailors my audio to just the way I like it. Driving a direct modulator fed TS830 with great results. You will need an external EQ with it. For less than $100 you can't go wrong!

VE2FBD Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2005 12:04 Send this review to a friend
very effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned a vx-2000 for over 3 years. I am not an audio fanatic but wanted to sound good or above average. I tried other more expensive processors or equalizers until I got the 2000. I use it with Audio Technica AT 3035 mic. and ICOM 756 proII using the front access. Cannot tell you about the audio reports I got from all over including e-mails etc. You can use it with several other Behringer components but it will do an excellent job just by itself. Price is also very attractive or shall I say cheap, by all means. Take the time to adjust properly to your voice caracteristics and enjoy listening to yourself through the monitor of your rig. That's how good it sounds.
I'll be listening for you on the air.
73 Fabi

WV4R Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2003 08:38 Send this review to a friend
Another One Box Solution that works...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned the Behringer VX-2000 for over six months now and it keeps on ticking. I use it with the Behringer B-1 microphone and my TS-2000 on my auxiliary console with the AL-1200 amplifier. I use the 'Ibox' by w2ihy in between the VX-2000 and the TS-2000 to protect against the dreaded RF, to provide PTT for my studio audio equipment, and to transform the Behringer Balanced Line Level to Unbalanced Microphone Level for my TS-2000.

The Power Supply is built-in. All the features work for me. I use the subtle features to EQ my audio slightly for a natural sound. I like the 48vdc phantom power available And the Mic/Line switching so you can playback thru it as well. There is a 'Recording'jack on the back also. Speaking of the Back... there are Both XLR And TRS back there! I know of nothing else on the market under $130 that gives as much bang fer the bux.

Oh, did I mention how much I like the quality of workmanship, expensive looking styling, and big hefty On/Off switch? It works as good as it looks for a One Box Solution and you can add boxes down the line with it's Insert(Side Chain) jax.

The Behringer VX-2000 gits the wv4r '5' for features, benefits, price. 73 es God bless, murf/wv4r.

VE7AZC Rating: 4/5 Aug 21, 2002 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use, good addition for audio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the VX2000 in concert with an 1100DSP equaliser. Previous to using the VX2000 as a mic preamp, I was using the little ART tube preamp (very nice). I use an Apex condenser mic.

No doubt about it, the ART tube preamp sounds nicer, but it doesn't have the features the VX2000. I appreciate using the downward expander to get rid of backgrouynd noise in the room, but I leave the gate turned off.

Using the dsp1100 as an EQ gives far more latitude than the controls on the VX2000, so really the only thing I find useful on the VX2000 is the downward expander and the mic preamp. All the rest is of little use for my setup. If I didn't have the dsp1100, I would likely be satisfied with just the VX2000 by itself ... it's probably got enough EQ to make the mic sound good.

But if the ART preamp had a gate or downward expander, I wouldn't have bought the VX2000.

Hope this makes sense!

Cheers,

Herb
VE7 AZC

ON4VP Rating: 4/5 Aug 21, 2002 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Audio improved  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A Behringer B1 studio mic is connected with my VX2000. Things that improved :

- Voice depth and warmth greatly improved
- Little compressing and expanding
- Equalising the voice frequencies
- good gain to deliver at the FT1000mp

Things that I don't use

- De-essing
- gate

I find the noise gate not working for me and the de-esser neither, otherwise the VX2000 is a great improvement to my TX audio.

Setup on www.2die4.be
Phil, ON4VP

W0PPK Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2002 23:16 Send this review to a friend
Exellent quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Performance has been flawless. The qualify of my audio improved dramatically. Worthwhile and economical investment if you want to sound like a FM station.

Suggest you look up NU9N and visit his website if interested in Hi-Fi SSB Audio.

73's Bob