Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | Small Wonder Labs Rock-Mite Help

Reviews Summary for Small Wonder Labs Rock-Mite
Small Wonder Labs Rock-Mite Reviews: 76 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$25
Description: Crystal-controlled direct-conversion transceiver operating on 7040 KHz
More info: http://www.smallwonderlabs.com

You can write your own review of the Small Wonder Labs Rock-Mite.

M0JHA Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2010 14:19 Send this review to a friend
great kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
great value kit. 21.10 delivered the the UK. constructed in a few hours . This kit is within the capabilities of anyone with minimal electroncs knowledge as the instructions are well laid out. I got the 20m version and just need to box it up.

if you like cw and qrp buy one , you really won't be dissapointed.

WA1GJF Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2010 05:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ok. the promised update. You "gotta" buy this kit!!
Arrives very well organized,no shortages,and went together without a hitch. Hint: Download the supplement, essential for success. Here we have a single conversion receiver, no BCI, no intermod, the transmit tone is clean, 2 frequencies, enough audio to drive a small speaker, more than I expected. Hint: Salvage a speaker from one of those "Talking" cards, works perfectly, if you don't want to use an earphone. GO FOR IT!!

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2010 17:51 Send this review to a friend
A very neat radio!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'd already built the SW20+ and was really impressed with Daves kits. So the Rock-Mite was my next stop. I think it's easy for a lot of hams to forget what can be done with a minimalist radio. What I got in the mail was a fat envelope. I put it together during a weekend without a hitch and it worked the first time, more of a testimony to the quality of the kit than my abilities. Theres not much that can go wrong with this outfit. Put it in a Mitybox originally but have since transplanted it to a pipe tobacco tin. This radio has a small but loyal (and very qualified) following and there are oodles of mods. Next in line is a simple VXO project. I learned a LOT about radio from doing this. For the money you absolutely can't go wrong.

AD5WO Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2010 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ditto on all the good stuff said...Great little radio.

N4ODC Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2010 12:22 Send this review to a friend
ROCKMITE IS A GREAT QRP RIG  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
HELLO,I HAD TO WRITE THIS REVIEW ABOUT THE GREAT QRP RADIO.. A WHILE BACK I WAS NOT ACTIVE IN CW FOR A FEW YEARS..AND SEEN A ROCKMITE 40 ON EBAY FOR SALE.I BOUGHT IT,AND PUT IT ON THE AIR,LET ME TELL YOU I WAS SURPRISED .AFTER CALLING CQ FOR 2 TIMES A STATION CAME BACK TO MY CALL...IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THIS LITTLE RIG WORKS BUT IT DOES,,AND IT GOT ME BACK INVOLVED WITH CW.AND I WILL NEVER LET IT GO...I WANT TO THANK THE GUY WHO BUILT IT,WHO EVER HE WAS,AND HIS LOSS WAS MY GAIN...AND THANKS TO QRP RIGS FOR GETTING ME BACK INTO HAM RADIO AND ALSO HAM.NET FOR EVERYTHING THEY DO TO PROMOTE HAM RADIO

CT1BWW Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2009 03:19 Send this review to a friend
SUPER QRP TRANSECEIVER!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've already mounted some different QRP's.
I decide to purchase the ROCKMITE and was very surprise with this KIT. This is Realy a SUPER QRP Transceiver, it's very easy to mount ofcourse you must have some knowledge about electronic but I'm sure you can do it.
There is a Very Good Instructions Manual .
When you buy the Kit from Small Wonders Lab you will found on the Package a good Quality of PCBoard with identification all places for components and with Instructions you will see that's easy to build yourself.
There is also a ROCKMITE Yahoo Group when you can share your comments or if you have any difficulties other Members can help you.
My First RockMite was 20 meters, I call "ROCKY-TWENTY" , i "love" so much this LITLE QRP that NOW I've Purchase the 30 Meters.
The Great Challenge for a Operator is using a RIG builting by yourself and using LOW POWER.
I'm sure you will Never Disapointed and ONE THING is SURE! You will Learn a Lot with QRP KITS and electronics.
Disfrute Radio and QRP!
73s from Marq/CT1BWW

W0PT Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2009 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Very nice kit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You can't go wrong with these kits! I just finished my 80m rockmite and it worked perfect when I powered it up. This is a nice quality kit.

PA3FUN Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2009 11:38 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A great QRP-rig at a QRPP-price.
Quality of PCB & components cannot be beaten!
Easy to build, even for a beginner, thanks to the outstanding documentation.
Guys, wake up - if you want to go really qrp(p), build one of these!

XE1GXG Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2009 23:51 Send this review to a friend
Great fun!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I love my RockMite

WD6DBM Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2008 17:04 Send this review to a friend
TOTAL BLAST  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's all been said--these kits are about the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I've built two so far, and ordered three more. With both kits I plugged them into an antenna and worked someone immediately. They are easy to build (no toroids) and when put in the the MightyBox are just about bulletproof. Lead time is often a month or more (like now) so get your order in. There is even a built-in keyer!