Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR2C Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR2C
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$39.95
Description: Mobile 2-Meter Antenna, 4.1 dB

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR2C.

KB9JHH Rating: 3/5 May 28, 2003 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Folds over too easy.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna works well at less than 55 mph or so, but folds down by itself as soon I hit 60 to 65 mph. It seems the spring is too weak to keep the whip portion in the socket at higher speeds.

Mount was a Diamond mag mount, which may be part of the problem.

I bought a hamstick 3/4 wave antenna and mag mount for less than the cost of the Diamond NR2C alone and works as well in my opinion.

AK9S Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2002 01:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is well constructed and performs better than I expected. It is worth the $40 list price.

I run this antenna from a mag mount with a 160 watt amplifier. Although the antenna is rated for 150 watts, I have had no problems pushing it above it's power rating. Frankly, I am surprised that it keeps surviving the abuse.

I primarily use it on simplex for contacts that are 20-40 miles away. Q5 signals all the way. For repeaters, I can hit about 70-90 miles away.

Diamond mag mount will hold this antenna at highway speeds, however, the antenna's base hinge may trigger at speeds of 70+ mph (you will be horizontally polarized until you reset the antenna to vertical again.) I am very happy with this antenna!