Reviews Categories | Microphones | Electro Voice 630 Help

Reviews Summary for Electro Voice 630
Electro Voice 630 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Discontinued (US$ 52.00 in 1952)
Description: The Model 630 microphone is a dynamic, omnidirectional type designed for public address work, all types of dispatching call systems, industrial applications, remote pickups, recording, theaters, amateur radio, and general communication service.
Specifications:
Dimensions: 50.8 mm (2") dia. 158.8 mm (61/4") long
Net Weight: 453.6 g (1 lb) less cable
Stand Coupler: 5/8" -27 thread
More info: http://www.electrovoice.com

You can write your own review of the Electro Voice 630.

YS1RS Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2016 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not much to say except that I receive unsolicited "excellent sound, clear audio" reports.
It has entirely replaced the D-104 on my Collins KWM-2.
I love the D-104 for its classic look but I can see the strong response of the Electro Voice 630 on the ALC meter, better punch audio for SSB and the reports just confirm it.
In my case, no need for a Speech Processor at all, just correct adjustment of the Mic Gain not to overdrive/over modulate watching the ALC to send clear audio intelligible voice.

73 de Rob
YS1RS

KG8LB Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2008 09:29 Send this review to a friend
First Choice for the Johnson Valiant  Time owned: more than 12 months
This my first choice microphone for the EF Johnson Valiant transmitter. Of course it works well in many other applications but the Valiant seems to work quite well with the 630 . Works well where the traditional D-104 often find itself "loaded down" impedance-wise .

Since switching from the D-104 on the Valiant I have been getting a lot of complimentary feedback.

4X1BD Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2004 13:08 Send this review to a friend
clean & natural sound  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use my EV 630 microphone with my Elecraft K2 transceiver and the audio reports I get are very positive. "Clean & natural sound" is the report I often get. Its a 50 ohm microphone so I connected it to the K2 via a 50 to 600 ohm mike impedence transformer. The audio output is more than adequate.
I originally purchased the EV 630 in Eastern Canada in 1958 for record hops and broadcasting. It took a rough beating with absolutely no problems, and still looks good (for a 46 year old microphone).
Later I used the microphone for many years attached to my tape recorder, so the EV 630 is now going through its third phase of life.

PY2VR Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2003 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Superb Microphone  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Superb microphone !! Excellent frequency response and audio level. I am using connected on W2IHY 8 Band Equalizer or Behringer components (MIC-2200+DSP-1100P+MDX-2200) with outstanding performance. My ICOM IC-756PRO is a really broadcasting when I am using the 630. I recommend this mic.
Regards,
Eduardo - PY2VR

PY1BR Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2002 18:25 Send this review to a friend
Great mike for SSB  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This microphone is recommended for radio communications, sound reinforcement, etc. I tried it for the first time a few months ago and got outstanding reports from hams that know my voice. It provides a smooth natural audio even with modern DSP rigs such as IC-756Pro, FT-1000MP Mark V, etc.
Its "retro" design gives also a charming contrast when using with modern rigs. Great product that lasts forever. I am lucky guy because I own two, one 630 and a miltary version model M-44A/U in mint condition.