Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | WA2VUN Antennas Plus Help

Reviews Summary for WA2VUN Antennas Plus
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Tower and antenna installations, used antennas, etc.
More info: http://www.wa2vunantennasplus.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the WA2VUN Antennas Plus.

K2MIT Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2014 21:48 Send this review to a friend
Great but out of business  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mike is a wizard installer. He put up my first roof-top tower and Force-12 antenna. It was a great set-up. Being a welder, he made the Glen-Martin tower stronger.

I wanted to use him again but he retired from the antenna business to focus on the welding business. Ham radio really lost a great company with that.

Mike, you will be missed.

KE2TR Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2010 22:49 Send this review to a friend
Good Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used Mike back in 98 wwhen I had a 70' crank up fall after a 95+MPH Micro Burst. Mike had to retri fit my 10cubic yard base for a US Tower HDX 572, he built another base that made the US tower T base look like a tinka toy next to his, used 4 40K PSI dead men bolts that are used on Manhatten bridges plus welded the exiting rebar to the 3/4" steel base as well. He di excellent work and did it in one day were most local installers here on Long Island would take a friggin week but he charges a heafty wage but you get what you pay for. He's old school so you gotta get down to what you want, he's a rigger and a welder not a salesman so remember that but his work is 1st class. I have since moved and sold that tower but was amazed at his work.

K2MIT Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2008 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mike is a rare bread--gentleman and expert tower installer. In one day, from 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM he installed (with his buddy greg):

--9 foot Glen Martin Tower
--Force 12 C-4SS
--Diamond Discone
--80/160 dipole
--Diamond 2m/440 vertical
--Yaesu Rotator

Mike explained everything as he was doing it and was a gentleman throughout.

The installation is beautiful and solid as a rock. He also put in an antenna switch so there are only two cables coming into the shack--160/80 and 10-40.

Mike works hard, is fair and does an excellent job. He doesn't need advertising--he is too busy as it its.

K2TRU Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2004 21:30 Send this review to a friend
Incredible  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not many reviews here…probably because anyone that knows Mike doesn’t need to read a review – they all know the man is incredible!

Those who know Mike also know that he is in very, very high demand. If good things are worth waiting for, then GREAT things are REALLY worth waiting for…Mike is worth it. He’s fair, he’s full of integrity, and he’s an absolute expert at what he does. He worked with me to build a tower and antenna system that met my budget; he listened to a few hundred silly questions (and answered them too); he did EXACTLY what he said he would do (and then some); and he made sure I was happy, happy, happy.

I run 100 watts – period. But my days of begging to be heard in some massive pileup are over…it’s just point (the antennas) and shoot (key the mic). I’m always heard, I’m always answered, and I always get great signal reports. The system is really that good…

Do yourself a favor: if you’re thinking about a tower, and you’re in the planning stages deciding what to put up, how high, what antennas…give Mike a call. In minutes he’ll tell you if you’re moving in the right direction. Once you get a chance to talk to him, I’ll bet you’re asking him to stop by…

JAY
K2TRU

K2UT Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2002 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed help with the installation of my tower. Mike was referred to me by both US Tower and a couple local hams. Mike responded quickly to my questions, and provided an excellent reference who I knew. Later, I found more hams in the area had used him.

I'm doing most of the work myself, but Mike fabricated the huge rebar cage required by my town's engineers. He delivered it early one morning along with additional items to make it easier to install and to make sure it gets properly done. Price was better than I had expected!

He has a lot of experience dealing with local zoning boards and construction engineers on those little issues which seem to crop up.

Mike is busy, so he can't drop everything to help the instant you need it, but from what I've seen, the quality of his work is excellent.

K2KOQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2002 12:25 Send this review to a friend
top of the line  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just had a tower and antenna installation done by Mike WA2VUN http://www.wa2vunantennasplus.com/index.html

72 foot tower force12 c19XR tri-bander, 3 element 17M mono bander, 5 elements on 6, 9 on 2.

Mike did the entire installation with the exception of concrete base. Everything worked perfectly the first time.

Mike took great care putting every thing together from lightning protection to antenna assembly.

I could not find a single thing to complain about... an easy 5 out of 5 rating.

Richard.. K2KOQ