Reviews Categories | Contesting Hardware | Heil FS-2 dual footswitch Help

Reviews Summary for Heil FS-2 dual footswitch
Heil FS-2 dual footswitch Reviews: 21 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: This is the perfect answer for saving your relays in most brands of radios, especially Icom. You no longer need external relays or cables as the footswitch has two heavy duty switches, one that keys your amp right before keying you rig. If you have two radios as I do, and use the W2IHY EQ and noise gate, YOu can run two radios through the same EQ and Noise gate and switch between the two radios with the flip of a switch on the W2IHY EQ and run them one at a time through the same amp, again without having to use relay cables from you radios to your amp. Well built, simple idea that solves a lot of two radio set ups and interfacing radios, especially older rigs to newer amps. Great idea Bob, keep up the great work and it solved my problem and is much more comfortable to use than the old footswitch.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil FS-2 dual footswitch.

K1FBI Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2009 08:37 Send this review to a friend
No problems here  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this for over a year to key my radio and AL-80B without ANY problems or visible signs of wear. The one I purchased works great.

TF3JB Rating: 2/5 Mar 21, 2008 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Inferior quality and workmanship  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the FS-2 as an accessory to my PR 40 microphone. What a disappointment. Much too stiff, loud clicking noise when depressed and inferior manufacture quality/construction. I instantly ordered the Heil hand switch and have been quite happy with that arrangement. As much as I like Heil products, this is my first disappointment with their product line.

I do not recommend the FS-2 dual footswitch. If you are, nevertheless, thinking of buying it try it before you buy it!

73 de TF2JB.

N1EU Rating: 2/5 Mar 21, 2008 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Stripped Pivot Screws  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a nice foot switch for a while. But on obth my samples, the pivot screws eventually loosen and the threads strip out and it's not very obvious how to remedy. The remedy I applied was to drill out the tapped holes and put a long machine screw through both sides with a nylock nut on one end. Use washers to take up any play. Or just get a Linemaster GEM V2 to begin with.

AA4ZZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2007 04:23 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have long found a headset and footswitch my favorite way to operate. The only problem has been having the footswitch move around the floor. The FS-2 with it's sloped shape solves this problem. Then second keying line has been a lifesaver several times as we have needed to swap out equipment due to Murphy in our mountain top VHF Contest multiop. In the past such a swap always created amp or transverter keying issues. The FS-2 has solved those.

G8EBM Rating: 3/5 Nov 23, 2007 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Not as good as expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received a brand new boxed FS-2 today. Concept excellent however the manufacturing process has let it down. The top pedal metalwork binds on the lower part of the enclosure when the pedal is depressed. After several depressions the paint is already scraped off. This might just have been a manufacturing glitch on my unit but obviously it was not tested after manufacture / before packaging. A shame as all my other Heil kit is excellent. I will have to bend the metal enclosure to stop it binding.

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2006 03:57 Send this review to a friend
The Best !  Time owned: more than 12 months
i love mine,it help when you need your hands free to your net or rag crew.try it i think you'll love as much as i did,you be glad if you did.

Jackie
KG4ORX
Website http://webpages.charter.net/kg4orx

AH7H Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2006 01:16 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: more than 12 months
Looks like I'm a latecomer to getting one of these, and wish I had years ago. The two switches really make it nice, with the amp triggered first, no need for an amplifier relay!
Also great for long runs is the hinge is mounted near your heel, not at the toe, so less fatigue during long operating periods. FS-2 much better than other footswitches I've put up with over the years. Thx for a great product. Bought a second one for backup rig and operating SO2R (single operator 2 radios).

KD5SRL Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2004 03:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Foot Switch - Would Buy Again!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the Heil FS-2 about a year ago. Recently purhcased an Ameritron, AL-811H to go with my Kenwood, TS-2000. All I can say is it makes life simple. Two stage switch that keys the power amp just before the rig. This is a well made piece of equiptment, heavy duty to the max! Thanks Bob Hiel for another great product.

73s,
KD5SRL

NI1N Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2004 02:56 Send this review to a friend
great addition to station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can't believe I operated so many years without one of these! With one hand on the CW paddle, one hand on the transceiver dial, two hands on the keyboard, etc., I don't have enough hands as it is! It is great to have one less thing to do with your hands, especially during contests. It is a big improvement in operating
efficiency for a small price.

KB3JLZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2003 13:41 Send this review to a friend
Works fine!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pretty good switch. Enjoying working hands free for a change.