Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-150T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-150T
Alinco DR-150T Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2M 50W transceiver w/extended receive 108-173.995/440-449MHz
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-150T.

LU7HQW Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2017 16:53 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Old Rig !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine about three years ago, in mint condition with the EMS-12 mic (you can access to all functions from the mic).

Used in mobile, base and for Packet/APRS modes.

Solid equipment, good audio, small size.

High sensibility reception in air band, 430 MHz and 800 MHz.

It will be in my jack for the rest of my life.

K4PDM Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2015 03:05 Send this review to a friend
Lasts a good long time!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine is very old, of course, but still works well.
If your tone is not working, perhaps you need to turn it up--download the service manual. I had to do so with mine.
The 440 receive is a good bonus.
A keeper!

VA7EML Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2015 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Great little radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked one of these up used and I just love it. The extended receive with 70cm is great. I have had no issues with the TX or rx and both are rock steady. I use it in my car do to its smaller size.

I would buy another if it pops up in good shape.

KK4OAB Rating: 2/5 May 4, 2015 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Tone board  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up my DR150 and hooked it up in my Shack to my Tram 1480, 55'up. So far it works very good on all Simplex, either direct or with repeaters that do not require a PL tone. It will not TX a tone. The Shift is working. The radio is designed to RX only on 70cm, not sure why. Does anyone know if there is a replaceable tone board available or how is the PL activated. The memory battery may need replacing and could this affect the PL tone? Thanks Charly

KI4ABS Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2013 01:31 Send this review to a friend
Classic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked up one of these at the Charlotte Hamfest for $25. As just looking for a basic 2m unit for base station use, I had never heard of this model before, but for the price I couldn't say no. I had just bought a Icom IC-2100H for the car for 4 times the price. Wow, what a steal! The receive sensitivity is extremely good. Audio quality on TX/RX is great. The additional functionality for having air bands, wideband VHF and UHF receive virtually eliminates my need for a base scanner. Due to having so many receive options, I wish it had memory banks, but I can live without that since my primary use will be scanning around local repeaters on 144/440. Great radio, I hope it stays working for decades to come!

VE7KNQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2012 23:59 Send this review to a friend
Great radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the DR-150T as my 2 meter base radio for years. It's well made, dependable and very easy to program. The extended VHF and UHF receive feature is a nice addition. The manual is complete and easy to understand. It's not as fancy as today's radios but it certainly gets the job done!

KC9JUM Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2007 21:43 Send this review to a friend
The last of the Alinco classics  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
One of the most feature packed mono banders I have seen. I have always thought the current DR-135T was a step back from this radio. Air band RX, UHF RX, Superb 2M performance, cloning over the airwaves. Spectrum display option, multiple different scan modes. Etc. Makes me wonder if they did not target the radio at the scanner crowd as well.

The only knock is a classic Alinco knock with these radios. Tone decode is an add on option. BUT if you do add it, The radio can auto detect PL tones!

KG4ROF Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2006 19:53 Send this review to a friend
GOOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE OWNED ONE FOR SEVERAL YEARS,NO MAJOR PROBLEMS ,OTHER THAN LOW AUDIO OUTPUT. OTHER THAN THAT ITS BEEN A GREAT RIG ,I ENJOY THE UHF RECIEVE
KG4ROF MIKE

KI4NCT Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2006 19:33 Send this review to a friend
Solid Rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up a great, single owner used rig off EBay from another amateur. Solid rig, very easy to program and navigate and it has all the basic features needed for 2m operations. Tx reports have been solid and Rx has been very good with little to no intermod even in high intermod prone areas. I like the extended Rx and UHF Rx capability along with Rx on aircraft AM band. A recommended purchase if you find a good clean one from a reputable owner. Reasonable price seems to be in the $90-$120 dallar range.

Bottom line, I'm happy with mine and would recommend it to others even though it's an "old rig" compared to today's more software intensive rigs.

73s

K3NG Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2006 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad  Time owned: more than 12 months
A good no frills radio. Mine has had problems when it heats up; on transmit it will lose modulation. If I keep a muffin fan on the heatsink and stay on low or medium power, the problem doesn't pop up.