Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-150T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-150T
Alinco DR-150T Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2M 50W transceiver w/extended receive 108-173.995/440-449MHz
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-150T.

GM4DHJ Rating: 4/5 Nov 1, 2004 07:39 Send this review to a friend
good little rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
nice wee radio with wide rx coverage nice!!!

N5TIF Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2002 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned mine for 4 years now and it keeps going and going. The first 3 1/2 years it was in my work truck and it got banged around alot. Now I am useing it for a base and workes just fine there but i don't use it as much anymore. One thing about the radio that i had a problem with was that the buttons are to small and to close together and i don't no how many times that i hit two at the same time. Great rig should find on the used market but have not seen many. Maybe they are hanging on to them.

CT2HME Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2001 03:37 Send this review to a friend
APRS Digi radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
This thing has been working on our local aprs digi 24h/day and 7days/week.
We have it on low power and it just runs warm to the touch. Running like this the fan never comes on.
It really runs very smooth and I would get another one (I if could find another second hand good deal) for another digi we are putting together. This one was really cheap.
It's small, lightweith, sensitive, good for 50W VHF if needed, simple to use, stable, with a good display and a well written manual.
Besides it showed no problems at all after heavy use and abuse. What else can I ask from a dgi radio?
For this I will rate this Alinco product 5 starts.

N5ZZQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2000 01:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this rig for over a year and it has preformed very, very well. It took the place of a TM-261A. Have not experienced any mod. problems at all. And it seems to be built better than the 261. I would highly recommend this radio. For the price you can't beat it.

ND4MR Rating: 3/5 Apr 29, 2000 21:26 Send this review to a friend
Medium good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is my third Alinco mobile rig (the first two being a DR-110 (2M) and a DR-510 (2M/440). All three have had problems with intermod and overload when driving in "high RF" areas, but were all otherwise good, medium quality mobile rigs. My '150 is really easy to use while mobile, has easy-to-understand controls and functions, and fits in a small footprint. My only complaint is that the audio level to the speaker (even an external speaker) doesn't quite produce "car filling" volume. Alinco is apparently clearancing these DR-150's to make way for the new DR-135, so look around for a bargain price.