Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | W&W Associates Batteries, Chargers/Analyzers Help

Reviews Summary for W&W Associates Batteries, Chargers/Analyzers
W&W Associates Batteries, Chargers/Analyzers Reviews: 35 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Battery Packs, Battery Chargers/Analyzers
More info: http://www.wwassociates.com/

You can write your own review of the W&W Associates Batteries, Chargers/Analyzers.

WB8VLC Rating: 2/5 Dec 7, 2015 13:09 Send this review to a friend
never again  Time owned: more than 12 months
Every W&W pack I purchased died an early death.

The packs all died after several months of low use, even after purchasing new packs and using timed trickle charge methods only, the replacement packs also died early.

My solution was to re-cell the packs myself using the following link with excellent results.

I now have battery packs that last years using ALL-BATERY pre-assembled packs instead of months with the W&W choices

KB1MZZ Rating: 0/5 Dec 7, 2015 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Scammers  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought two batteries from these scammers at a hamfest. What a mistake. The battery for my GP300 never took a good charge and only lasted 6 months. The battery for my HT750 tested bad the first time I tried to charge it. I assume they have ZERO QA at their slave labor "production" facility. People have said that they honor their warranty, so at my expense, I shipped the battery back to them. They graciously, sent me the wrong battery in return. Thanks!!!! Now have have a battery for an impres radio, which I don't have and I am sure if I send this battery back to them, MAYBE they'll send me the right battery? NO THANKS!!! Batteries plus bulbs sells rayovac HT battery packs at a good price, and they are constructed with Japanese cells, not Chinese garbage like W&W. Save your self time, money and hassle and don't buy anything from these scammers.

K1DST Rating: 4/5 Sep 14, 2015 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Customer Service very responsive to problems  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I entered into a relationship with W&W when I needed a new battery for a Yaesu FT-11R. There aren't a lot of suppliers for this. I bought a NiMH battery and a universal charger with the appropriate cup from W&W. The battery melted in the charger. I sent the battery in for replacement and the second battery charged but did not work in the radio. I received a third battery that worked well.
As I wanted a new HT, I bought a Kenwood TH-F6A. I also bought an aftermarket PB42LH (4000mAh) battery. I asked W&W if they could sell me a cup for my charger that would handle both batteries. They sent me a cup that worked only with the standard battery. To correct my situation, they offered to develop a new cup. I sent them my battery and the cup (and took the opportunity to return the second FT-11R battery). It took a few weeks, and then the updated charging cup arrived with my original battery. This cup will charge any battery for this radio. (Battery must be taken off radio to charge it.)
Overall, I had a positive experience with W&W. If customer service had not been good, the experience would have had me pulling my hair out. But they treated me well, and in the end I got what I needed. If I had needed the FT-11R battery in a big hurry, I would have been in trouble - but I did not, and it worked out just fine. I'm happy with their products and service.

KC8ADU Rating: 2/5 Jan 28, 2013 12:30 Send this review to a friend
made with sanyo or panasonic cells....not always!  Time owned: more than 12 months
have bought many w&w packs over the years with reasonable service.
the last 2 were an icom 12v pack for my 02at and a 12v pack for my standard c228.
well 2 years later these are already getting tired.
so i open them up to rebuild them.what do i see?
cheap china cells that are leaking!the contacts on the standard pack were badly corroded along with the charging jack.it got recycled.i rebuilt the icom with eneloops.
i paid a bit more for what should have been a better product.i got the same quality as a kendoo that was $10 less for the same rating.and i already know they are junk from friends that got stung.like the alinco 12v pack with 9 cells.
its getting harder to avoid junk every day now.

KJ4DKT Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2012 10:44 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-U16 Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchasrd the 13.8v, 2700mah battery from W&WBatteries about 5 yrs ago. Very heavy but lasts a looooooong time. Charges w/ the CM-35 Icom charger. I use it on several different radios w/o ANY problems. Definitely a good battery company, in my opinion.

NL7TK Rating: 0/5 Apr 8, 2011 11:26 Send this review to a friend
Poor Fit, Cracked Case  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
HT=Yaesu VX3, Purchased FN882 from W&W Dayton 2010. Battery had poor fit that eventually pushed back on Brass contacts to point Yaesu battery did not make contact. Sent malformed Battery back to W&W and much time later received a replacement FN882 that was worse and cracked at bottom. The insertion fit causes brass contacts to push up beyond design and case/cover gap that water could get into. Next time I'll buy an OEM with thight spec's to fit the Radio.

WX4GPS Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2011 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Great support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a W&W battery for a Yaesu VX-8 and the original battery worked great but when I went to take it off the radio it was very very difficult to get off, I actually had to pry it off, no damage to the radio occurred, but the company absolutely had much concern over the quality of their products, and they more than made the situation correct. Somewhere I say I should give them a 4 (good) cause the original battery had a problem, the the dealing with this company were way more then I expected!

N4KVE Rating: 0/5 Oct 6, 2010 09:48 Send this review to a friend
STAY AWAY FROM W&W  Time owned: more than 12 months
This company sells JUNK. A few years ago I purchased 2 batteries for a Motorola STX. They fit well, but would only transmit for a few minutes before hearing the "low power chirp". I called to get an "RMA" & sent in the defective batteries. After a month I called them back to ask where my replacement batteries were. They said "oops" & then sent out the new batteries & they too were just as bad as the first batteries. The radios would receive all day, but didn't have the power to transmit. I did use a Motorola factory charger for these batteries. I realize W&W just buys these batteries from China, but there are other battery companies who purchase much higher quality batteries from the same country. Avoid them like the plague. GARY N4KVE

WB9YCJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2010 11:49 Send this review to a friend
W&W PB-42L TH-F6A battery ......  Time owned: more than 12 months
Seems W&W has improved the fit of their (W&W) PB-42L TH-F6A aftermarket battery. I have had no problem with it. And, I actually weighed the W&W PB-42L (which has a higher capacity 1800 mAh than the Kenwood version) and the W&W is actually lighter - go figure. I own 2 of em.
I prefer it over the the Kenwood stock battery.
Best price is at Dayton.

K6SDW Rating: 3/5 Dec 4, 2008 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Average  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought battery for Alinco, but didn't last as long as OEM from Alinco ~ also didn't come with belt clip....extra $$