Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | DX Engineering misc antenna components/parts Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering misc antenna components/parts
DX Engineering misc antenna components/parts Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Antenna parts for HF yagis
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering misc antenna components/parts.

W5RH Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2014 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Very nice mounting parts  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used the 'center element to mounting plate' insulating blocks and their associated stainless bolts, etc. Very very nice. Easy to order, shipped right to my door. They insulate the element from my home brew mounting structure very well and creates a very sturdy mount.

I used the 1.125 and the 1.25 versions. Perfect fit. Dipoles are now very solid. I am ordering 4 more for my 4th dipole.

These definitely beat the Mosley Yagi driven element mount blocks in ease of use.

N9LTW Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2013 05:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Design, High Quality   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just moved to a new QTH. So, what does that mean? New Antennas! I needed a mount for a UNUN and I planned to home brew one until I found out DX engineering offered one. I have purchased from DX Engineering before and have always been very happy with all of their products. I am also very happy with the quality of your UNUN Mounting Kit. I couldn't have saved any money or time making my own. All my future antenna projects will start looking though the DX Engineering catalog. I highly recommend DX Engineering for your antenna needs. You won't be disappointed!

W8ROB Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2013 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Aluminum Tubing, Reasoably priced  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased some aluminum tubing to repair my vertical antenna from DX Engineering. It was promptly shipped (a tracking number was e-mailed to me)and delivered in just a couple of days. The cost of shipping was very reasonable as was the cost of the tubing. I will definitely order from them again.

N3JB Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2005 07:56 Send this review to a friend
DXE- RFS-1  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a follow-up on my evaluation of the DX Engineering RFS-1 4 SQ Rcving System. As I had stated, the system works very well. I also want to express my thanks for the great cooperation from John Wagner and his staff at DX Engineeting.I was a bit confused on some of the interconnect information while building the phasing lines,etc.John was very patient in walking me through my problems.The system is working and I'm very satified with the performance.

K4LLA Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2003 17:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice antenna building supplies  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a set of DX Engineering's insulated boom-to-element brackets for a yagi project. With a pile of aluminum tubing from Texas Towers, putting the antenna together was a snap. The brackets really do secure the antenna elements well and look very professional once done.

K8AZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2002 09:09 Send this review to a friend
High quality antenna parts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Highest rating.

DX Engineering produces a product line of hard-to-find antenna parts, all made of the best quality materials and utilizing thoughtful engineering design. The product line includes stainless steel saddle clamps, boom-to-mast plates (6061-T651 aluminum, pre-drilled), insulated element-to-boom brackets (replacing the old KLM design with a greatly-enhanced, stronger and better-engineered design), pre-drilled aluminum element-to-boom plates, stainless steel hose clamps, boom support systems, etc. The prices are not cheap, but IMHO are more than reasonable given DXE's use of first-class materials and innovative design tested by years of in-the-air experience.

Each of the products I have purchased exceeded my expectations when received. For example, the saddle clamps utilize a machined aluminum block of the correct curve, giving immeasurably more contact with the mast (and, thus, more holding power and less focused stress on the mast or boom) than the standard "muffler-clamp" style that manufacturers provide. The insulated element-to-boom brackets use a double clamp mechanism with a bolt, instead of the KLM worm screw hose-clamp design, and have substantially more strength and holding power, making them ideal for big elements, even in high stress environments.

The web site is easy to use, and shipping was same-day and followed by an e-mail with a tracking number.

The company is owned by Paul, NO8D. Paul is a DXer who has quietly built a number of "super stations" with custom-designed home-brew antennas. (The picture of 6 stacked long-boom log periodics on a 200' rotating tower that appears on the web site is one of Paul's current arrays. Others include 4/4/4 full size 40m yagis on a 200' tower, a 5-tower vertical array for 160m, and other large custom designed and built projects to come.) Paul is a treasure trove of information about both antenna design and how to construct antennas to stay up, and he responds to e-mails promptly.