Reviews Categories | Microphones | Apex 430 Studio Condenser Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Apex 430 Studio Condenser Microphone
Apex 430  Studio Condenser Microphone Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $about $100USD
Description: Single element, 1" gold sputtered diaphram condenser microphone. Comes complete with shock mount and carrying bag.
More info: http://www.apexelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Apex 430 Studio Condenser Microphone.

KG6GAC Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2004 19:11 Send this review to a friend
great mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
been running this mic 2 years now best mic for the price under 100 dollars great audio

TECHNUBIAN Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2003 13:16 Send this review to a friend
I Have To Say It Too!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This cheap mic that I picked up brand new on ebay has got to be the best mic I ever purchased for my home studio. I tested it up against my Sure Mics, my Beta 58, 57 and a used audio technica pro mic. The sound is not only clearer but is also richer. It sounds almost like the expensive ones. I have to admit that it is definately a steal for the money. I am seriously impressed with it!

AMICUS21 Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2003 16:13 Send this review to a friend
great mic, great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my Apex 430 about a month ago, and I have to admit to being a bit nervous about it. Iíve heard conflicting reports about these low-cost microphones and their sound quality. Some folks think they are a great deal and produce good sound; others seem to think these Chinese-built mics are nothing more than cheap, knock-off mics that produce cheap, knock-off results. But since I wasnít going be able to afford a $2500 Neumann u87 anytime in the near future, I decided to give this mic a shot. In order to put this mic through its paces, I paired it with an ART (Applied Research and Technology) Tube MP Preamp with phantom power (also around $100), and then made a whole bunch of vocal recordings on my PC (I use an M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard, and multitrack software to do my recordings). A month later, I can say that Iím pretty impressed. For the price, you wonít find a better deal Ė especially when you consider that the cost of both mic and preamp came to about half of what I would have paid for a higher-end mic all by itself. The sound I get is outstanding, and has made a distinct and very positive difference in my recordings. The Apex 430 gives clear, clean sound that requires little in the way of equalization, or other manipulation, and frankly what more could you ask for at $100? Okay, yeah Ė this mic is a knock-off of more expensive studio mics, and no doubt a Neumann u87 would sound better. But not $2400 better. The Apex 430 is a great deal, and I couldnít be happier with my purchase -- it is simply an outstanding value for the dollar. (I should mention that I did not try to do any acoustic instrument recording since I mostly use midi synths for my instrumental work. Thus, I canít really comment on how the Apex 430 handles instrumental recordings. However, the gentleman at the music store who sold the mic to me said that it was good for both vocals and instruments. He was dead right about the vocals, and so I have no reason to believe he was wrong about instruments.)

VE7AZC Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2002 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Very nice sound, good quality  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this mic after testing a few different mic's at a local supplier, and renting it for a month. The sound is really top notch. You will need a pre-amp with 48V phantom supply for the mic. I use it with some Behringer EQ gear and I am surprised at the results. Very nice reproduction, easy to tweek and EQ to your likeing.

This is a quality knock-off mic, heavy duty and built to last at a LOT less expense than some of the other brand name originals. After using this one, I couldn't justify more money for a big name mic, and in my opinion you won't likely hear an appreciable difference between this and other much more expensive mics, especially at 3.0k bandwidth.

Have fun,