Reviews Categories | Microphones | Behringer B-1 studio microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Behringer B-1 studio microphone
Behringer B-1 studio microphone Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $155 $
Description: A top class studio microphone, 48v phantom powered, with very flat response between 20 and 20.000 hz. Very nice caracteristics and used in boradcast studio's.
More info: http://www.behringer.com

You can write your own review of the Behringer B-1 studio microphone.

W4LGH Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2006 04:49 Send this review to a friend
Super Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Behringer B1 is hands down the BEST Mic for the money! When used with the Behringer DSP-110,
you get a compressor/Limiter and a Noise Gate!

I feed the Mic into the DSP-110, and let the 110 power the mic, I then leave the DSP-110 @ line level and go into my UB-1002 EQ. This is done only because of the multi-outputs of the 1002 to feed several radios from the one mic. I also use it to boost the midrange gain a tad on the MArkV,
and then the bottom end feeding the Drake Twins.

My plans are to feed all the transmitters in the shack in the future. You can see my setup on my website.. http://www.w4lgh.com

You just can't go wrong buying any Behringer Audio equipment. Its all TOP NOTCH!

73 de W4LGH - Alan
www.w4lgh.com

G4MJA Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2005 14:08 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used many mics in my 'audio station' including Heil, Astatic, Shure, Sennheiser etc.This mic beats the lot - hands down!! Superb quality construction, wonderful audio reproduction: 20hz to 20khz, flat within SSB range. Currently running with a Behringer UB802 3 band parametric EQ feeding a Kenwood TS870S. The unsolicited audio reports I have received have been excellent.Dont be fooled by the cheap price - this mic is a bargain! 73, Mike.

GM0OTS Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2005 11:52 Send this review to a friend
GREAT MIKE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
GET THIS MIKE AND USE WITH UB802 BEST INVESTMENT I HAVE MADE TO MY SHACK.QUALITY IS OUTSTANDING,AND SO ARE THE RESULT'S,YOU MUST SPEND A BIT OF TIME SETTING THEM UP TO GET BEST AUDIO,

AA8YE Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2005 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Broadcast Quality!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a very picky person when it comes to audio quality and let me tell you I have tried about every microphone configuration out there with the exception of a few. I have been playing music and singing for 30 years and have never come across a microphone that even compares to this, especially the value! I use this little gem to record music and use it on my HF rig along with Echolink and constantly get good reports on my audio. if you do purchase one of these remember it requires phantom power to operate. I use a Behringer UB802 mixer, great item also, which has phantom power and an IMP (invisible mic preamp)and run a cable out of the output into my Icom 735. I am telling you if you want superb audio, this is microphone to buy, hand down. It comes with a shock mount, wind screen and heavy duty carrying case for the incredible cost of $99.99!

G0ISW Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2005 01:33 Send this review to a friend
High quality & good looks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you want to experiment with ESSB audio on the Amateur HF bands then this microphone comes highly recommended. I bought mine from a Music/Audio store after an Internet search and saved a lot of money on what was a good price anyway. The build quality is excellent and it looks very good with its brushed satin finish. Comes with shock mount and carrying case at a fraction of the cost of normal microphones. It does however need a 48v phantom supply and I use the matching Behringer UB-802 mixer for this. The audio is superb and only the limits of your transceiver will alter this. It sounds a whole lot better than any of my Amateur Radio desk or hand microphones.

N2KEN Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2004 09:53 Send this review to a friend
A nice mic for the price  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you have the setup to support a studio condenser mic, this one is hard be beat. You need 48VDC phantom power, a simple matching network to connect to your rig, and a PTT switch (i.e., foot pedal). A mounting boom to support it is recommended. It comes with a very nice shock mount and hard carrying case.

I run through an M-Audio DMP3 preamp, Behringer MX-802A mixer, Samson E31i graphic EQ, Behringer PEQ 2200 parametric EQ, VX2000 processor and W2IHY i-Box. All this interfaces nicely with each of my HF and VHF rigs. You realy don't need all these audio gadgets, but its a blast to be in such control. All this can be used for home recording, as well.

The B-1 has a natural, clean, clear and crisp tonal quality with much more sensitivity than a dynamic mic like the Heil Goldline (which is a great mic!). Some users might find it "too sensitive". Unlike typical ham mics, it will pick-up background sounds like the clothes dryer in the next room. It has a -10dB pad and low freq cut to alter the input characteristics.

Sounds great on SSB with little or no EQ, but will sound way too bassy for local FM repeater use unless significantly EQ'd to remove the low end. (No experience on AM)
Ken, N2KEN

N3IBX Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2004 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Terrific for AM Work!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the B1 like many others who have heard it on AM and am extremely pleased with it. I use it with the Behringer VX-2000 "Ultra Voice Pro" microphonium EQ and get tremendous bottom end, a smooth midrange presence rise, (unlike the Shure 55) and it's offers good transmission of higher frequency harmonics that are most necessary for intelligibility and hi-fidelity audio.

For $99 it includes a shock mount and carying case. It absolutely can't be beat for amateur service, particularly AM ops where one wants to have the highest possibility intelligibility with good low end response for that "East Coast Sound"!

I compare it with a RE-20/27 and SM-7/8. It may not be as rugged but if you compare this mictophonium against a U87 you'll be splitting hairs for the price difference between the two.

IH9GPI Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2004 02:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Is a very excellent SSB modulation.
I use with YAESU FT-1000MP MARK-V with the best results.

WV4R Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2003 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Big B-1 Bang fer the Bux!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First off, I have to admit that I do Prefer the sound of a Properly setup, large element, studio condenser microphone for use with my Kenwood TS-870 on SSB. So when WB5TVI/Don and I visited his local music supply store, the Behringer B-1 was a focal point as we grazed amongst the goodies. We demo’d the B-1 against lotza otherz they had setup and we both liked the results. The package was too good to pass up… mic, shock mount, windscreen, luggage… and all for $99! I got mine home and got it on the air with rave reviews for the past six months or so! I especially appreciate the great cardiod pattern, which really helps in my noisy shack. I talk and visit with Don/WB5TVI frequently and he tells me he feels about the same way about his B-1 and receives about the same reports too using it with his new FT-1000/Mark5. It looks good. It works well. It comes packaged with all the accessories. It even has controls right on the mic for attenuation and roll off. To My ear, the mic appears to have just a ‘bit’ of a vocal bump, which makes it an ideal vocal broadcast mic. Quality, Features, Price gitz the Behringer B-1 the WV4R 5-star rating. 73 es God bless, Murf.

W9JCM Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2003 00:18 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Using this with my 756Pro a 1124P and a MX802A with great results.