Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Trident TRX-200 Scanner Help

Reviews Summary for Trident TRX-200 Scanner
Trident TRX-200 Scanner Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $249 UKP
Description: Multimode Scanner 100KHz-2149KHz
More info: http://www.srptrading.com

You can write your own review of the Trident TRX-200 Scanner.

JOEPEP Rating: 3/5 Apr 25, 2004 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Will I ever know?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,
I just took ownership of the TRX-200. It "Seems" to be a Great little unit. But will I ever know? As you heard before, The owners manual may as well be written in Japanese cause I can't understand it. If anyone can help me out on this one it would be greatly appreciated. Once I know what I'm doing, I'm sure I'll give it a better rating.
Thanks, Joe

IRIDIUM Rating: 3/5 Dec 26, 2002 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Good bandwidth, poor instructions.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thus far I have no problems whatsoever with the TRX-200... It's a little disappointing not to have the RS232 adaptor bundled with the unit, but making it from the designs on ida-japan's website is enjoyable. The bandwidth, 2.1GHz down to 100KHz is good for a unit in this price range. The major complaint though, is the poor quality of the intruction manual. It's impenetrable, misleading and poorly laid out. More experianced users might have a better time figuring out all the functions, but for a beginner, it can be rather tricky.

G4WIE Rating: 3/5 Aug 22, 2002 01:56 Send this review to a friend
Why do they do it?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just received my new scanner seems to be quite nice. BUT why is it that no manufacturer can get the read out to be correct or at least very near. ie Shannon volmet on 8.957 mhz usb reads as 8.9597 mhz usb. Whilst I do realise that it is quite a large spectrum range ie 100KHz -2149 MHz surely something could be done. After all they have been to the moon and other places -and back.

More news as it happens.

Regards to all my readers.