Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Antenna Support Rope Help

Reviews Summary for Antenna Support Rope
Antenna Support Rope Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Used some of STI's 5/16" polyester rope to support my wire antenna. Was very surprised to find such a substantial outer jacket. It freely slips over the rope, is black in color, very low resistance when sliding over tree branches and is woven very tightly. Nice touch!!

We had a very bad storm the other night with winds in excess of 60mph. This rope came through it very well and was still tight!! Did not stretch!!

This will be my antenna rope of choice from now on.
Bill Smith KO4NR
More info: http://www.synthetictextilesinc.com/supportham.html

You can write your own review of the Antenna Support Rope.

KB1MH Rating: 2/5 Dec 8, 2015 07:01 Send this review to a friend
Not as good as solid braid  Time owned: more than 12 months
The rope construction is not a solid braid, but rather is a woven tube of black fiber over a smaller diameter solid braided line of white fiber. In my experience this two-part construction has demonstrated poor abrasion resistance, and for my needs is inferior to the solid braided line that used to be commonly available at ham flea markets, etc. The tube/line construction has separated in two of my four wire antenna installations, in both cases exposing the white inner core to the elements with loss of UV protection normally provided by the outer tube/sleeve. It's probably ok for low-abrasion installations.

KD5BLZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2010 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have about 200 Feet in the air holding wire antennas and Jpoles in the air. The jpole is hanging from a tree limb with no problem.
I am very pleased with this product

WX4R Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2010 18:15 Send this review to a friend
no problems with STI rope  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used STI rope for a number of years with no problems. Ay present I have some 500+' in use guying 3 60' poles without any problems. In my case, I can not argue with success.

WV1K Rating: 0/5 Jan 18, 2010 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Forget it.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used this loyally for 5 years. I just had a two month old piece that was off a new 5/16 roll split open at the sheath and slide down like a sock despite melted and taped ends. This rope used to be braided. Now it's cheap trash like nearly everything else being made. Just stealing the people's money... and this comes on the heels of last year's 3/16 and 5/16 inch company hot-cuts of 100 feet doing it too at another house after a year.

K4LD Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2007 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Strong!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this antenna rope for all sorts of projects and it works great! I have about 500' of this rope holding many antenna's and it never fails. You can't go wrong!