Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil Proset Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Proset
Heil Proset Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $130.00
Description: (missing—add Description)
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/ProSet.htm

You can write your own review of the Heil Proset.

A92HB Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2008 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Ears worn out!!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine around 1996 or thereabouts, was working as 9G1BJ, No1 in the 1998 CQWW SSB 10mtrs section using the very same item. Had to buy new earpads this month to replace the old worn out ones, it's ok, my ears are fine. My Heil Proset is now in action as A92HB, I am amazed that the cable is still in one piece, I often try to leave the shack with the kit still stuck to my head. I also have four other Heil mics which get aired from time to time, they are all equally as good. Well done Bob.

John - www.johnblack.org

KI4CRA Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2007 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Great HeadSet/Mic Combo  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I actually have 2 of these, one is an older model, probably 10yts or so anyway, but not sure. The older set does not cover the ear but sit on the ear which leads me to beleive that it is an older model. Not having ANY clue as to where I got these, found them in my box of stuff, vaguley remember one of the local hams saying here they're yours now. I digress, not having any way to hook it to either of my rigs until recently. When at the Orlando HamFest I finally went ahead and made the jump and bought a new pair to see if there was truly any difference. Having and using the Heil HandiMic HM-5 for my TS480HX, I knew the Heil name and product was excellant.

Got the new set home, plugged it into my FT-897D, and after a few trial and error adjustments on my part with the mic gain especially on FM, the Heil ProSet reall does a number especially with contesting. I'm no big contestor, but the combination of the ProSet and the newer hand control. Well I could go on about my merry way and talk and log with no trouble at all. As a side, when I was at the Dayton Hamvention this year I picked up the modular plug for my TS-480, and a foot switch, I can now switch mics, using either the HM-5 Handi Mic or the older ProSet. Still trying to get the hang of using the foot switch though, oh well I shall overcome this too.

73 de Mark
AI4HO

N5MZL Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2006 21:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought two Heil Pro Sets, a 4 and a 5 (with the HC-4 and HC-5 mic elements, respectively, and the latter having a single headphone on the left side for mobile use), back around 1992. No need to comment about the HC-4 and -5 mic elements, as they have been around for years and their reputations are well-known. As for the headsets, I found them to have excellent sound reproduction, and very comfortable. I did have a problem with the headphone pads and foam inserts falling apart...after about 15 years (got replacements from Heil Sound a few months ago). But even after all this time, they are still going strong, and well worth the money.

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2006 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had this headset for some years for use with my FT-990, no complaints, just solid modulation and performance. Next one will be the pro-set plus...

OH5HZW Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2005 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Best headset ever!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought Proset 5 and I enjoy to use this quality headset.With HC-5 element,wou!I realy like it!I recommend this to all! Heil,good work!

VE7RF Rating: 1/5 Apr 7, 2005 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Buy A Senheisser instead !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own several of these in the HC-4 format. The 400 ohm Z of the headphones is way too high.... takes a lot of drive to make em work. The sound is awfull from the earpieces...... and even worse plugged into your stereo gear in the living room. They need FOAM really badly on the mic cartridge. The TX audio is not clean... regardless of the freq response.

### The big kicker is the lousy isolation on the headphones.... and no... it's no 32 db either. All mine fell apart... so did my buddy's (VA7YO)

### I bought a pair of Senheisser HD-280's from BSW..... blows away the Heils hands down.... ultra clean.. easy to drive... audiophile quality. I suggested Senheisser make a boom set version.... they now do... called a HMD-280.... superb... comes with a shock mount on the end of the boom PLUS a foam windscreen. ... a big hit with sportscasters.

## The joke is u can use either the HD-280... or the HMD 280 as hearing protectors at a shooting range.. super comfy... built like a tank.... "the real deal"

### My Heil BM-10's disintegrated as well. No more Heil products for me !

N1FFF Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2005 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Pro Set Media for EchoLink (and VX-7)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Santa delivered Bob's new Pro Set Media headphone-boom mic to me for Christmas and it is great! I'm pretty active w/ Echolink and was not happy with using PCs' speakers and cheap dynamic mic's sound quality (overmodulation, etc). Bob Heil saw a message from me on a VX7 yahoo group and responded w/ pre-release info on new Pro Set model, w/ 1/8" connectors for use w/ PC sound card. I had questions, bob replied to my emails personally, often within a few minutes. (t's like he never sleeps.
In any cas. I get great signal reports, the QSO's are easy to follow, sound like the speakers are in the middle of my head, and they are the most compfortable headphones I have ever worn. Like the flexible mic boom, too.
I am in no way associated w/ Heil Sound, just a happy customer.
Fred N1FFF

KI9A Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2004 19:25 Send this review to a friend
great piece  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the proset from 1992-2001, & made around 80,000 contacts on it. Yes, it fits a bit loose now, but have had no problems with it. remember guys, this is a plastic set. Not steel, so treat it as plastic, & it will hold up.

73-Chuck KI9A

ON4VP Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2002 01:19 Send this review to a friend
made a big difference  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used another headset that was kind of a copy of a real heil headset until I started to get RFI on 15m when changing the radio after a few years.

I have to admit that the yaesu seems more sensitive picking up RFI that the kenwoods I own but the Heil Proset is the ONLY headset so far not picking up RFI on cable or connectors with the yaesu. (and yes all grounding, wiring, etc... is done by the book).

Besides the good RFI shielding, I like the number 5 insert for decent ragchew, cristal clear audio and good voice response. IMHO the number 4 is to sharp, and with all my radios I can tailor the bandwith in TX so getting the 5 sharp like a knife is a matter of setting a few knobs.

I got the headset second hand from a friend, so it was already used for several years and it still looks great. I renewed the earpads. All the mechanical parts still look and work 100%

I hope I can use it for many more years to come, I very much enjoy the audio reports I'm getting.

I use it mainly on a ft1000mp and ts2000.
I highly recommend this piece of hardware.

Phil ON4VP
(www.2die4.be)

N5ZC Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2002 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Headset and Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my Pro Set since 1992. Never a problem until recently, 10 years later. The mic would go on and off intermittently. I would have to move the boom to get it working again. Turned out after closer inspection that there was a bad crack where the boom connects to the headset, obvously caused when I dropped the headset or crushed it when it was packed in a suit case.

I sent the headset to Heil last week and received it back today all upgraded and repaired. Excellent service!!

I've used this headset at several multi-multi contest operations and it has held up very very well. Several other's have used the headset and like it a lot.

If your in the market for a headset, this is a must buy.