Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Henry 1KD-5 Help

Reviews Summary for Henry 1KD-5
Henry 1KD-5 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $695.00
Description: 80-10m Linear amplifier, uses (1) 3-500Z

You can write your own review of the Henry 1KD-5.

W3HD Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2008 01:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Older Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'll be very short - simply great piece of the amateur equipment!!!

K3VW Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2008 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Best 1 KW amp around  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned quite-a-few, 1 KW amps with a single 3-500Z but this is probably the best, if it only had 160 meters ! It has a real blower, not a muffin fan, a real roller inductor, fixed caps on C-1 (HD Centralab types)and a full wave bridge power supply ! H.V. is about 3100 vdc. It has a glass chimney around the tube also. You can't find a better built amp than this Henry in the Amateur service.

K8DGL Rating: 4/5 Jan 18, 2003 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Nice Little Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I got my 1KD-5 it was almost a basket case. After rebuilding the power supply and installing a new RF Parts 3-500ZG I have found I really enjoy it. Fan noise is not objectionable. Tune-up is quick and I get ~ 750 watts output key down and an easy KW pep with 100 watts drive. I have several amps and this one is a Keeper! Only wish it had 160 meters.

WB4KML Rating: 4/5 Jan 16, 2003 20:09 Send this review to a friend
GREAT LITTLE AMP  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't used it regularly all these years; still using the same finals. It still puts out maximum output about 700watts SSB without any effort. And the amp has been trouble free from the time I purchased it,I am a Non-Smoker.
It is not the quietest, but many amps share the same ailment, noisy blower units.
It's a solid, proven amplifier with a long history of good service. Henry Radio stand behind that amp, and are very helpful with questions on the maintenance & operation. They are hard to fine, if you can get one for $500-$600.00 good little Amp!

K7LZR Rating: 4/5 Aug 27, 2002 02:02 Send this review to a friend
Nice desktop amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this amplifier for about 7 years now and it does a great job of adding that little bit extra when needed. Not overpowered, not underpowered. Just right.