Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, duplexer, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, e | T-4 line isolators Help

Reviews Summary for T-4 line isolators
T-4 line isolators Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$35.00-$50.00
Description: T-4 line isolator is an asymmetrical current type unbalanced to unbalanced [UNUN] device that acts as an rf choke to any rf flowing along the outer surface of a coaxial cable, without affecting the signalcarried by the cable.
More info: http://www.radioworks.com

You can write your own review of the T-4 line isolators.

KB5PQL Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2004 02:16 Send this review to a friend
Not bad at all  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like many hams who set their stations on the 2nd Floor of their home RFI is a problem many have to deal with.

Well I went ahead and ordered the T-4 RFI kit with the RG-8 Chokes and installed one choke on the Cable going out from the tuner to the 4;1 balun and the 3 others were placed on the power cable that goes from the Power supply to the radio...Perfect! RFI going back into the radio and power supply is gone from 10-40m. (17M is still giving me problems by allowing RFI into my subwoofer in my computer and HT equipment despite the chokes) I did have to play with the T-4 isolator to find the place where RFI was reduced the most. The 3 other chokes are placed on my computers Subwoofer and my home theatre subwoofer downstairs. At least 10,12,15, and 20 are all clean. 17m is still a bear. GRRR :) 40m is not getting into anything except the telephone. The other bands don't interfere with the phone! All in all I have reduced about 50% of my problems...not too bad considering i'm rebuiling my ground system right now and the antenna is an RFI generator (80m multiband antenna feed with 300ohm line and a 4:1 balun switches everything over to 50ohm. But it's still quite a mismatch!I still work everything I hear..so something must be right :) The T-4 RFI Kit just makes it a little more "bear"able;)